MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Quilt Show - Part 3

 


Created by Pam Campbell


Created by Jan Stewart


Created by Phyllis James/Jones 
(sorry, the picture I took of the label is
blurry and hard to read to be sure of the last name)


Created by Mary Ellen Kennedy

I will post the final part of the series next time.

- There are some interesting ideas HERE for using shredded paper.

- I thought THIS was intriguing.

- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist (and be sure to hover over each creation to see what she uses for raw materials)

- And, I think going through the portfolios of THIS artist will definitely blow you away!

Today's quote..."The difference between try and triumph is just a little 'umph' "









10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts. Love the 3D one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only managed to get photos of a few of the quilts that were on display. These all caught my eye.

      Delete
  2. You have some creative quilting friends. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all beautiful sane quilters. I admire their work but it's not my forte to create myself.

      Delete
  3. Marvelous quilts, a favorite is impossible they are all so good. I am glad you are having a good time. Inspiration must be flowing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely hard to pick a favourite because they're all so different.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Sherry of createology: I am always amazed at the variety of quilts people create. It is so wonderful to see them. Great Quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed, not only at the variety, but also the colours people choose. Always an inspiration.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! The 3D one is extra wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued by the 3D quilts (not enough to do one, mind you!) because you would have to be really careful with the choice of colours.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.