MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 05, 2023

A bit of a slog

 It seems my knitting needles have been working overtime on this project and it's not close to being done yet.  In the meantime you can see the progress here and take some guesses about what it might be.



- You might like to take a virtual stroll through THIS.

- THIS is an interesting concept - not sure I would attempt it but never say never!  While you're there, have a peek through her other work.

- If you decide to make one (or more) of the crochet hats I linked to in my previous post, perhaps you might like to have THIS chart handy.   AND, if you want to stiffen the brim of your hat, read THIS.

- Have a peek at the amazing weavings of THIS artist!

Your quote..."Life is so ironic.  It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value the presence"


20 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess a topsy-turvy doll. I really love the different methods of creating those beautiful landscapes. There's so much diversity in showing off the diversity of our surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right Lorraine - but you'll just have to wait and see (and, come to think of it, so will I!).

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Sherry of createology: I cannot even guess what you are knitting so I shall stay tuned for the reveal. Amazing links with fabric strips and weavings. What a good quote to ponder. Happy Cinco de Mayo today…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reveal isn't happening very fast on this project - it's taking forever to knit.

      Delete
  3. A doll or creature of some sort is my first impression.
    Those quilts! I feel sorry for the judges there are so many stunning quilts. I kept looking for your name. Your quilts are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - thank you! And yes, I suspect this mystery objects will turn into something resembling a doll...if I ever get it finished!

      Delete
  4. Some sort of doll, I'm thinking. Huge one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess! It's going to be awhile longer before there's a reveal because it's taking a lot more time to knit than I expected.

      Delete
  5. It looks like it will be some sort of doll I think. Another beautiful gift for your new granddaughter Isla. How lovely! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearing the end of the knitting part so there's hope that I'll get it finished soon. For something so small it's certainly taken an age to make.

      Delete
  6. Whatever it is going to be it will definitely be pretty - I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's going to be pretty and that there will be a happy little granddaughter when it arrives in the mail.

      Delete
  7. No guesses, but your knitting is beautiful, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becki! I hope our grandie likes it.

      Delete
  8. You are such an even knitter! Those stitches are just perfect. No idea on the final creation though - will stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I never would have thought I was an even knitter so I appreciate you saying that.

      Delete
  9. H8 Maryanne I have got the knitting needles out too,lovely colours you are using 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much always have something on the needles - and usually a pair of socks on the go too.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the hat size site. I need the itty bitty ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the hat size chart would come in handy for me too. I'm out of touch with sizing for kids and now I have 4 grandies I kind of need to know.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.