MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, May 01, 2023

Slow progress

 I've discovered that working on four landscapes at a time seems far more time-consuming than only doing one.  I suppose that stands to reason doesn't it!  Of course interruptions to feed a soon-to-starve-if-he-doesn't-get-fed husband totally messes with my flow of creativity.


Perhaps you won't notice much difference between this photo and the one in the previous post but I have added to the tree lines.  I am trying to demonstrate different methods for adding trees.

- I enjoyed reading THIS post and it's a pretty pattern as well.

- Some of you might find THIS of interest.

- THIS too!

- HERE is a fun idea for your garden decor.

- Have a peek through the creations of THIS artist.

Your quote today is from Emily Dickinson..."Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all"





14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Sherry of createology: MA your tree lines are excellent. These samples will really inspire people. So many ideas in these links. The weavings are amazing. Happy May Day Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to make each one a little different so the participants can see the possibilities. Happy May Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. I think the added tree lines are great Mary Anne. I am sure this class is going to be a huge success! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to streamline my process into something that translates into a one day workshop format but it's so hard for me not to add tons of embellishments and keep it simple.

      Delete
  3. Happy May day! My late lovely cockatiel was named Emily Hope, from the quotation above. Rescued after three years in a cage, no toys, no company, lousy food, had never made a sound. On the way home with me she began to make sounds back and forth with me! Evidently she'd kept hope alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing! She knew you were a safe place. We had a cockatiel at one point but for some unknown reason she took a hatred to Resident Chef and all she would do is shriek every time he was anywhere in sight. Hurt his ears and we ended up having to re-home her.

      Delete
  4. Working on four must be time consuming. I need to go back so I can see how much you have gotten done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought doing it assembly line would be a good idea but I keep wanting to finish each one instead of moving on.

      Delete
  5. You've chosen a great way to feature those techniques even though it makes for all that work. They will be beautiful in the end. I enjoyed the article also. That is one of my most favorite quotes. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm trying to come up with different ways to do the quilting so they can see some possible options and choose which they prefer.
      Glad you enjoyed the article and the quote.

      Delete
  6. Nice work no matter what stage your quilting is at.
    The Orwell cowl is a delightful tead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May - it's proving to be a challenge to vary the finishing techniques while still staying true to the basic design (and without adding embroidery as I love to do).
      Glad you enjoyed the Orwell article.

      Delete
  7. I think I'm seeing the four seasons developing. Yes, that seems to be LOTS of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have simplified my life and only done one but I thought people would like to see the possibilities of the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.