MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, May 03, 2023

I got nuttin'

 Nope, nothing to be seen here.  Sadly.  I've done a little stitching on one of the samples but it's not something that would show up in a picture.  Resident Chef is making noises about taking back his kitchen which will mean I have a little more time for sewing so hopefully I can get back on track soon.  

- Have a peek at the beautiful creations of THIS artist!

- The other day I shared a link for making flower 'holders' using plastic mesh but THESE are even prettier!

- THESE pots are intriguing (and while you're there, check into her other galleries)

- If you like hats, have a peek at the designs found HERE.

I came across this moldy-oldie that I remember my mother quoting when I was a kid...




14 comments:

  1. Does this mean resident chef is feeling better? I hope that's the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's improving - hooray! I'm going to be SO happy to give kitchen duties back to him, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Sherry of createology: Oh those “woulda-coulda-shouldas” have gotten me so many times! Kitchen duties are such time wasters for us creative artistic souls! Hopefully Resident Chef will feel 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those 'woulda-coulda-shouldas' are common to us all I think. And yes, KP duty is definitely a time sucker.

      Delete
  3. I got "plenty O' nuttin' " here, too. Just no energy after our life surprises....
    Glad to here that your resident chef feels well enough to resume his kitchen. That is a good sign. Take care and stay well
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he's going back on full duty quite yet but at least he's taking back breakfast and lunch. Sometimes 'nuttin' is about all we got.

      Delete
  4. So glad RC is feeling well enough to start wanting his kitchen duties back. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made breakfast this morning - and promptly went and sat down afterwards. Guess help with the housework isn't going to be happening for awhile yet.

      Delete
  5. Yay for Resident Chef and You!
    Those stitched pots, I'd wear any of those designs. The crochet hats are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the hats - I'm not a hat person but I admire them on other people.
      As for wearing the stitched pots designs, my brain immediately went to thoughts of you simply wearing a giant pot. I know, I need to get a life!

      Delete
  6. Good to hear he's on the mend. Those flower holders might be something I can do with the grandsons - even it they're just for holding dandelions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What better flower than dandelions! I remember our boys bringing me bouquets of them and I always loved them.

      Delete
  7. I had teachers that liked that quote. Annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that quote for years and when I saw it I was reminded of my mother who often used it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.