MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 05, 2024

Progress??

 Over the weekend I spent some time adding to the kawandi landscape project as you can see from this....


(it's raining here this morning, so the 
picture isn't true to the real colours)


- THIS would be a great project to use up scrap yarns!

- And just because I know you've ALWAYS wanted to know how to make THESE!  While you're there, have a peek at all the other great miniature tutorials she has HERE.  

- THIS is rather pretty and would work up quickly.

- If you have kids (or are a kid at heart) perhaps you'd enjoy exploring THESE.

I love this quote..."When you are with your best friends it doesn't matter whose idea it was as long as your alibis match"





14 comments:

  1. The truck addition looks great nestled in the grasses;))) Nice WIP--hugs, Julierose P.S. Stay cool--we are in AC for another day here....hot and super humid once again!! My hydrangea seems to like it though...;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I have somewhat proven that kawandi stype and a landscape does indeed work together! (hope you stay cool, too)

      Delete
  2. That landscape has a lot of Cezanne going, yay you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting you should say that - it certainly wasn't intentional!

      Delete
  3. Mary Anne: Love this design, it is pouring here in Minnesota in my area today.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine! Glad you're getting some rain.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought it should work but didn't know until I tried it.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Sherry of createology: I love your addition of the old truck in this landscape. Fun links…especially the creative miniatures. Great quote and a good one to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been fascinated by miniatures so that link caught my eye. Glad you enjoyed the quote!

      Delete
  6. I admire the way you continue to explore and experiment with your creations! And that crocheted cotton top is just my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm easily bored so I need to keep coming up with different techniques to try. Not sure I'll be doing more kawandi but never say never!

      Delete
  7. I am so impressed at your inspiration for using this technique on a landscape quilt. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a fun technique and I didn't see why it wouldn't translate into a landscape. Luckily I was right!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.