MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 19, 2024

Another project done

 This project is being put away for a wee grandie who will be celebrating her 3rd birthday in January.  



<<< This shows the purse closed (and notice the corking for the drawstring.  I hate knitting i-cord so this was my solution).


The pattern is THIS one.  





This shows the purse open with the doll inside




And here you can see the 'innards' of the purse.  The pattern had the sleeping bag included and the doll outfit came from HERE.

I added the mattress just to make the base of the purse a little more stable.


The doll came from Mary Maxim.

- I think THIS is pretty.

- There are all sorts of patterns HERE for bookmarks.  

- THIS made me smile!

- Although it's a bit early for THIS, perhaps making some now so you're prepared would be a good idea.

- And THIS is an awwwww!

- I thought THIS was an interesting article.

This quote made me smile too..."Be decisive.  The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision"



23 comments:

  1. What an adorable little gift bag with dolly and her extras inside;))) someone will be so thrilled....;)))
    Nice work on these...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a remake of an old design I remember from when I was a child. Hopefully our wee grandie will like it.

      Delete
  2. I love the dollinabag! So cool. Wait till she opens it and finds out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's fun for her - because I certainly had fun making it.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to ask: what's corking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corking is also known as French knitting - done on a spool. You can ask Mr. Google for more information if you're curious.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, thank you. I know French knitting.

      Delete
  4. That is so sweet! Brought a smile to my face on a(nother) wet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things I'd just been waiting for an excuse to make. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  5. Such a cute gift for a little one. I am sure that she will love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will - if nothing else she can use the purse to put her treasures in.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything but the doll came out of my stash so it's a win/win. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. This just has to be one of my favorites of all your oh-so-creative work. Your little three-year old is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I really hope she likes it too.

      Delete
  8. Oh, she's going to love playing with that. Had to bookmark that bag - looks like a fun project. And the quote is definitely a fun one, but so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she loves it. If not, perhaps she can use the bag to hold treasures that are important to her.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet gift. And I can only imagine how much fun your granddaughter will have with that. :)

    I went down the rabbit hole of crocheted bookmarks. I've been planning on making a few as gifts. I have a favorite pattern, but your link provided me with some new ideas! Looking forward to trying a couple of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes it. Glad you found your way back out of the rabbit hole with some ideas.

      Delete
  10. Such an adorable gift. Can't believe she's going to be 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either - she's no longer a baby, that's for sure.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.