MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 02, 2024

1 + 1

 In my world, 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2 as this will attest.  Why do one technique when two is better?


Kawandi plus a landscape.
Do they work together?  I dunno, but I'm having fun with it anyway.  Stay tuned to see the end result!

- I thought THIS was a pretty design.

- THIS made me laugh.

- There are lots of links HERE to some really pretty  sweaters you could crochet.  There are several I would love to own.

Today the quote is by Albert Einstein..."The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd.  The person who walks alone is likely to find themself in places no one has been before"






12 comments:

  1. I think Landscape and Kawandi go super well together--the way you have done it is beautiful...lovely skies and fields all stitched
    every which way!! Nice combo--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I hadn't used those two 'darker' pieces of blue on the left, but too late to change it now. Next up is to add the next bit of the landscape...hopefully over the weekend.

      Delete
  2. The quilt design takes getting use to because I'm not familiar with the stitching. I like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask Mr. Google about Kawandi stitching - it's quite interesting to read about.

      Delete
  3. That is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Sherry of createology: You dear are very creative and this Kawandi landscape will be very unique and beautiful. I always enjoy your links. I absolutely adore Albert Einstein and his wisdom. My nickname for my husband is “Einstein” because he is brilliant and too smart for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a curious mind so can't resist trying new-to-me techniques. There's always the 'circular file' beneath my table should I come up with a real failure!

      Delete
  5. Leave it to you to figure out how to turn a Kiwandi piece into a landscape. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - where there's a will there's a way?

      Delete
  6. I think you have a hybrid technique going there. Very cool and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been living in the land of 'what if' it seems!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.