MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Some progress

 The landscape is coming along.  If you embiggen the picture you should be able to see that I used sashiko stitching for the grass area...just to change it up a little.


- If you like making your own jewelry perhaps THIS tutorial might interest you.

- HERE is another fun technique that looks interesting and easy to do.

- I would really like one of THESE but the question is...do I want to make it?

- Scroll down for the instructions to make THIS fun project.

Today's quote..."Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo"



12 comments:

  1. $16 for a 24 hour pdf? That sounds like a message to design this myself. I like the concept a lot, particularly for wearing at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always astounded at the price of patterns these days. Went to the fabric store in quest of a pattern for dress for our grandie and when I saw the prices I rapidly decided that I'd keep my eye on the thrift store and see if I can find one there. Of course it's a crap shoot if the pieces are all included but the price makes it worth the gamble.

      Delete
  2. WOW--that is a lot of sashiko stitching--gives such a lovely texture on the grasses portion...nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it took me a few days to do the sashiko part of it but I liked the overall look when I was done. Now to add the rest of the embroidery which is going to take quite awhile.

      Delete
  3. Seeing the sashiko embiggened, I am very impressed with the work that went into that. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to do but definitely time consuming.

      Delete
  4. The sashiko really adds to the landscape, but I can just imagine how long that took to do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the photo of this house - You've *nailed* it in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll never get to see the house in person so this is the next best thing.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea to use the sashiko stitching for the grass area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another technique that I've been wanting to try so why not incorporate it into a landscape.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.