MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

What is a grandma to do?

 This grandma made the mistake of looking for a crochet project to play with because she was getting a bit tired of knitting.  So, what to her wondering eyes did appear....but this....




And, before you ask, it's a gift bag that measures approx. 16" high and the pattern can be found HERE.  I used Bernat Softee Chunky throughout.  Now, stay tuned, because heaven help Grandma if she doesn't make more.

- THIS looks like a fun project.

- Have a peek at the gallery of THIS artist!

- I think THIS idea for an easel would be a handy thing to remember (scroll down for the easel part)

- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist.

- HERE is something you could try doing with your used dryer sheets.

Today's quote..."Your life is made of two dates and a dash.  Make the most of the dash"

12 comments:

  1. What a cute gift bag--the bag itself is a gift, too!! ;)))
    Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The gift that hopefully will keep on giving over the years.

      Delete
  2. It's more like one mad dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the truth! Some days are madder than others.

      Delete
  3. Now that is one cute Christmas gift bag. Grandma better make many more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma's hands aren't overly happy with working with such thick yarn but I'm determined that there will be two more gift bags before I'm done.

      Delete
  4. That's the cutest crocheted gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. I think our grandie will like it.

      Delete
  5. That gift bag will make a beautiful keepsake. I have some fabric ones that my SIL made for us that we use over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of making fabric ones, but decided I really wanted to do something fun with crochet instead.

      Delete
  6. What a cute gift bag. I was thinking it was a hat - but now I see the drawstring. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will become a family heirloom. It was fun to make but my hands are telling me that I shouldn't be crocheting with such thick yarn.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.