MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 23, 2024

You knew it, didn't you

 Yes, I've started working on another landscape.  When I saw this photo by Tracy Baker of the Witch House in Saskatchewan I had to ask her permission to play with it and she very kindly gave me the okay.  This is her photo...

Photo by Tracy Baker
and used with her kind permission

and this is the beginning of my creation....


UPDATED TO ADD:  The grass area has been hand stitched using a sashiko pattern which adds additional texture and interest (I hope!)

Some of you will remember that I've already done the Witch House but I love it and think there's always room for another version of it.  

- THIS guy is really cute and would be a fun fall project.

- Have a peek at the galleries of THIS artist!

- HERE is something you might like to try.

- I found THIS article interesting.

Today's quote..."If I asked you to name all the things that you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?"



12 comments:

  1. The clay recipe is really good. I've made similar clay in the past, and it works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to try the clay with our grandies when we go out to visit in October. Will be fun for them I think.

      Delete
  2. I really like the "grasses" fabric you chose--a very nice base. The house looks challenging; love watching how your fabric pictures come alive...hope you have a great weekend...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually - the 'grass' fabric is overstitched by hand using a sashiko pattern which gives it a lot of dimension. Something I've been wanting to try for awhile.
      Great weekend to you too!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, I love the witch house. I am looking forward to seeing this version.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the first time you've taken a second crack at a particular subject? Looking forward to seeing the result :) I've drawn and redrawn and painted and repainted many things in recent years, and it's always been interesting. To me, I mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it IS the first time. There's just something about that house that's vastly interesting so I couldn't resist trying another view of it.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:30 PM

    This is an amazing start, I am so looking forward to seeing it finished, that is very kind of Tracy Baker to let you copy into fabric this house.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so grateful to the wonderful photographers who so graciously allow me to take liberties with their photos. I wouldn't be the artist I am without their input, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. Oooh... sashiko stitching in the grass portion. That is pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would add nice texture and it did. Fun process while I worked on it too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.