MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

It's been awhile

 It's been awhile since I shared a recipe so when we tried this one I thought you might like it too.  It's a tasty summer salad (or at least we thought so).


SUMMER PASTA SALAD

1/2 lb. rotini pasta
1/2 EACH of a english cucumber, red bell pepper, orange 
bell pepper, chopped
5 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/8 c. crumbled feta cheese **
8 oz. bottled Zesty Italian dressing
1/ 8 tsp EACH salt and pepper

** (we added more feta because we like it!)
Cook pasta, drain & rinse with cool water. Drain well.
Add remaining ingredients.  Toss and refrigerate.

- If you like granny squares, perhaps THIS pattern might intrigue you.

- THIS looks like a fun process you might like to try! (scroll down)

- THIS is quite pretty and would be a great use for scrap yarns.

- THIS made me smile (and scrolling down brought a few more too)

Today the quote is from Neil Gaiman..."I think hell is something you carry around with you, not somewhere you go"





16 comments:

  1. I believe in heaven and hell and that they both happen here on earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I sometimes wonder if hell is really our life here on earth and that heaven is a whole other realm . So many schools of thought.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! We really are enjoying it anyway. Nice and fresh tasting.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking to one of Frankie Brown's patterns :) She has long been one of my Fiber Heroes and her Ravelry pattern pages are an unfailing source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A thank you to you for pointing me towards Frankie Brown's Ravelry page. I wasn't aware she was such a prolific designer.

      Delete
  4. Now that is definitely a salad I would enjoy. Thanks for the recipe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you like it as much as we do.

      Delete
  5. Your pasta salad recipe is basically mine. I love it, and that it's so simple. I don't add parsley, but I do add carrots, and pepperoni and shredded mozzarella, and I enjoy cavatappi pasta, but other than that, we enjoy the same basic pasta salad. You're reminding me... I took a picture of pasta salad I made a couple of months ago with the intention of sharing it on my blog. You beat me to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm - I'm going to suggest the carrots to RC. We prefer feta cheese over mozzarella (although it would be good too) and I think pretty much any type of pasta would work well.

      Delete
  6. Pasta salad is a summer favorite. I don't think I make it the same way twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it too - so easy once the prep work is done. Nice to have in the fridge when it's hot.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Sherry of createology: Nice cool Summer Salad. Thank you for sharing. I adore the felted animals however it is not my craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the felted animals too, but it's not my thing. I value my fingers too much!

      Delete
  8. The salad sounds delicious and refreshing. I recently saw someone on IG did something similar to the watercolor leaf prints using rose petals. Looks like something I might try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly enjoyed the salad and I've already told the Resident Chef that he can make it again anytime.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.