MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Don't Look Ethel!

๐ŸŽถ...lookit that, lookit that...don't look Ethel!๐ŸŽ  (and if you now have an ear worm, you're welcome)....   And for those of you who haven't a clue what I'm going on about, watch THIS (and once again, you're welcome).


and this pile of yarn is her wig...


The original pattern calls for making long hair but I 
think it's too thick, so I decided I would crochet a 'cap' and then
add doubled strands of yarn to create the hair.  I knew I
would run out of the lighter brown before I was done so
I added in some strands of darker which I think gives it
more realism.  It's my idea and I'm stickin' to it!

- If you wear makeup, or know someone who does, THIS would make a great gift.

- There's an interesting article HERE about one of my favourite artists.  If you're unfamiliar with his work and want to know more, check out his galleries HERE.  

- THIS made me smile.

- If you're REALLY looking for something to do with yourself, how about making some of THESE?

Today the quote made me laugh..."The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people"

20 comments:

  1. My sneakers have shoelaces I made from bias tape, to cheer them up. And a lot of jellyfish seem to be in elected office. We've all got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bias tape makes more sense than having to cut little wee strips of fabric. And yes, jellyfish run rampant in the political ring.

      Delete
  2. Love that multi-colored hair!!:))) It will look fabulous....you are really coming along quickly with this dolly...;))
    nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Necessity is the mother of invention, or so they say. Knowing I was going to run out of my original yarn choice meant I either had to supplement with another colour or, heaven forbid, have to order more.

      Delete
  3. Well, I admit I'd never heard that song . . . the mop-top will be such fun for the doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you haven't heard that song because it was once quite popular. It always makes me laugh when I hear it.

      Delete
  4. Mary Anne: This doll is adorable, her hair is a hoot, her face is so cute, thank-you for the links.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good on her but finding a pattern for a dress that is transferable to also make for our grandie is proving to be a challenge. Who knew 32" dolls barely exist?

      Delete
  5. Man, you're reaching way back for Ethel. Yep, stick to the hair. Very creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethel often comes to mind in this household if one of us happens to forget to take our housecoat in to the bathroom when we have a shower.

      Delete
  6. I have not heard that song in ages! That song is from my highschool days! Thanks for the entertainment, Mary Anne. :) The doll is looking great. I love the contours of her face. She's fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a number of great songs like this when we were young so it was fun to search out a video of this one to share.

      Delete
  7. She is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she'll be okay - time will tell!

      Delete
  8. I can hardly wait to see the finished doll. You are very talented at all you do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Currently working on figuring out a pattern for her dress so she'll no longer be nekkid.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Sherry of createology: Dolly is coming along quite nicely. I do like her hair and the color variations. Mr. Ian Denim is amazing! This quote gives me hope for sure. Melting here at 115F outside. Thank goodness for A/C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the work by that denim artist. How I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch him creating!
      Hopefully you cool off soon but as you say, thank goodness for a/c

      Delete
  10. I think that mop top will be cute. Hadn't heard that song in ages. Actually knew a couple of guys that did streak through a local neighborhood back in the 70's. It still comes up in conversation now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC often listens to an music station that plays some of the older hits and that song comes up once in awhile. Still makes me laugh every time I hear it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.