MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 08, 2024

Further on body parts...

 Remember the body parts I showed you last time?  Well I have discovered that I'm pretty sure the original pattern is by Laura Wheeler - at least the design certainly looks like hers.  I found this page from a catalog of her designs which shows dolls pretty much like the one I'm making...

Image came from here.

- Perhaps you'd like to give THIS process a try.

- I thought THESE were interesting.

- I don't think I shared THIS before but if I have, blame my memory!

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS artist.

The quote today is by Joseph Joubert..."The aim of argument or of discussion should not be victory, but progress"











8 comments:

  1. Really cute dolly patterns...enjoy putting her together...hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been fun to work on, for sure.

      Delete
  2. MaryAnne: This is an adorable photo, I love looking at old magazines, from the good old days.
    Have an amazing week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These old patterns/designs are definitely interesting but do leave a lot to be desired when it comes to how-to's (at least this one does anyway)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. For sure! Too bad some of our so-called political figures wouldn't pay heed.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Nice links. The name Betty Pepper sounds really neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.