MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 29, 2024

Evening knitting

 These just came off the needles over the weekend and are residing in the Christmas box....



- If you sew, there are tons of great ideas HERE for using things that you most likely have lying around the house.

- I rather like THIS but don't know if I'd wear it because of the neckline.

- Another thing that's supposedly for kids to do HERE, but why should they have all the fun?

- If you have a bunch of scrap yarn balls, perhaps making one of THESE would be a good use.  Something cozy to use in the cold winter months.

Today's quote is from Oscar Wilde..."Experience is the hardest kind of teacher.  It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward"


20 comments:

  1. Today's comment is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for helpful hints (as in the 'oddball' items) -- maybe because I feel smug when one of the suggestions is something that I figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Some of those I already do but there were a few that I plan to implement.

      Delete
  3. Neat mittens--and they are also wrist warmers;)))my kinda mitten!! :))) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the recipient likes them and that they'll help keep her warm.

      Delete
  4. I love your "furry" cuffed mittens! Those are going to be a hit come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: quote...Ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Sherry of createology; Your mittens are so pretty with the “fur” cuffs. Lots of fun links again…especially the glue and watercolor with salt. Oh my have I got a lot of experience in all my years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the links. It would be fun to play with that watercolour technique wouldn't it. Perhaps you will?

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:30 PM

    That quote is so accurate.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  8. Love, love those mittens AND today's quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the wrong time of the year for mittens but I like having little projects to knit while the weather is hot. Glad you liked the quote!

      Delete
  9. I love my scrappy shawls and use them on cooler mornings throughout the year. I really like those fur cuffs on the mittens.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a shawl person but certainly see their value for people who live in chilly houses. Our apartment is just too warm for me to have need of one.
      Hopefully the fur cuffs will help keep the recipient warm.

      Delete
  10. Lucky person to receive those mittens! Love the list and the quote is another keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's not the season for mittens, but they're an easy lightweight project to work on in the summer heat.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.