MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, May 06, 2024

Yep - it's done!

 Yes, the new landscape is done!  


"Hayfield School"
Inspired by a photo by Glen Bowe,
and used with his kind permission
measures approx.  26x18"

FOR SALE!

This is the photo by Glen I used for inspiration...


And, of course you know, there's another landscape waiting in the wings and I got a start on it as you can see...

Now what do you suppose I'm going to do with it next?

- I might have sent you to scroll through THIS gallery once before, but it's worth another look if I have (be sure to scroll down)

- And THIS one too!  Oh, and how about THESE?

- I can't find the source for THIS little bit of awww-worthiness!

Today's wise words..."Truth does not mind being questioned but a lie does not like being challenged"










14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    For your new project, I’m going to make a wild guess today and say that I think you might be going to add the old barn from the picture you took a while back. Whatever you do, I’m sure it will be beautiful. I love your latest completed landscape, old trucks and barns are very appealing to me. You nailed the truck dimensions perfectly when you slightly enlarged it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess but not quite! Thank you for your confidence in me. And yes, you can see that I love old vehicles and barns if all the projects I do are any indication!

      Delete
  2. It turned out so well -- I like the detail you include (such as the window sash). No guesses for your next project -- that'll keep me tuned in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep my version of the photo as much to the original as I can - at least for the buildings anyway. The background I sometimes take liberty with!

      Delete
  3. Lovely finish on this one. I really love the grassy parts a lot!! Great job;)))
    i am looking forward to your next one--but I cannot imagine what it will be....perhaps am old timey wagon????
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose. Good guess, but not a wagon - although I have to say I'd love to find a photo of a great one to have a go at.

      Delete
  4. Another fabulous landscape! I love the drama of the sky. It shows off the building and truck to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky served a whole 'nother purpose - using up some scraps I couldn't bear to part with. They weren't big enough for anything else but cutting them up like this was perfect.

      Delete
  5. Wow. You captured the building and the truck so perfectly, Mary Anne. And, as always, I love your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one didn't have a whole lot in the way of embroidery but I still can't resist adding at least a little bit.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:03 PM

    How about an old rusted bus on a dirt road?
    Such detailed work on the truck. I've never seen a one room school with all those windows. Very modern for its time, or maybe added later?
    Love the saying. Unfortunately well describes the politics of the USA today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great guess but not this time.
      Yes, I agree that seeing that many windows can be unusual for schoolhouse, but I suppose they would count on the sun to help with the heating.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.