MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Good guesses, all, ..... but....

 


There were some good guesses about what I could be creating for the latest landscape, but none were quite right.  Instead, how about this...


This is the beginnings of the Witch House in Saskatchewan (ask Mr. Google for more information if you're interested).  I am using photos by both Dale Stewart and Michael Trueman  as inspiration, along with the many photos that can be found on the internet. 

And....we went to the nursery last week and I picked up a string of pearls houseplant just to see how long it would take me to kill it.  I know - cruelty to plants ought to be banned!  At any rate, I didn't know they bloomed AND that the blooms have an incredible scent too.  Mine has two blooms and one bud as you can see from the photo...


- If you like to knit dishcloths, perhaps you might find some fun designs HERE.  There are a number of pages of them to look through.

- THIS looks like a fun project some of you might like to try.

- Have a peek at the incredible creations of THIS artist!

- THIS is a really pretty cardigan that doesn't look too difficult to make.

- The detail on THESE is amazing!

Today's quote..."Funny thing about getting older.  Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to see through people gets much better"




16 comments:

  1. Your Hayfield school house is so beautiful. Just like the photo. I don't know how you do that!
    Meanwhile, lovely knitted socks. Witch house will be wonderful too. And that Pearl plant is so interesting! Good luck with it! Thanks as always for the great links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - sometimes I wonder how I do it too! All I know is that I'm having fun. I really hope I don't manage to kill the string of pearls because I've always been intrigued by them and finally stumbled across them in the nursery.

      Delete
  2. Oh what a surprise that you chose this witch's house;))) It should be lovely put together with your great stitching...
    Hope your weekend will be a good one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to attempt the witch's house for a long time and finally decided the time is now.

      Delete
  3. My sister, one you didn't know, had great houseplants but I don't think her string of pearls bloomed. That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really highly scented...the two little flowers that are blooming (one to come) are enough to be really noticeable in my sewing room.

      Delete
  4. I think you and I have the same skill level with houseplants. I don't even try anymore! The new landscape looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying (and buying!). I used to be able to grow african violets like crazy when we lived at the house and now I can't keep one alive to save my soul. I think it's the sun exposure at fault because it couldn't possibly be me!!!

      Delete
  5. I know that place!!! I don't even live close to it (well relatively speaking). My mother-in-law grew that plant and gave me a cutting. Yours truly ended up killing it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The witch's house is pretty famous I gather.
      I'm not holding my breath over not killing the plant - I give it a month.

      Delete
  6. Love the new design, the color of the house is amazing, looking forward to its finish.
    It has to be the right conditions for the string of pearls to bloom, you mast have the perfect conditions, I hope the plant lives long they are amazing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't claim anything I did for the string of pearls to bloom because it came from the nursery already showing buds.

      Delete
  7. That house loose really good.
    The cardigan is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is coming along - spent the entire afternoon stitching the boards.

      Delete
  8. Oooh... I looked up an article on the house. Eerie. You've done a great job creating that vibe so far! Your pearl plant sounds and looks interesting! Cool blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That house has appealed to me for ages so the day has finally come when I try to do my version of it. Just hope I can do it justice.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.