MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 17, 2024

Maybe now?

 Maybe now you can see the progress on the Witch's House?....



- Have a peek through the portfolios of THIS artist - very creative.  And if you want to read more about her work go HERE.  

- If there's a bridal shower in your future, perhaps making the bride one of THESE would be a perfect gift OR you could change the colours and make it for yourself (maybe to carry your phone).  You could also make THIS to go with the bag.

- HERE is another artist you might like to visit.

- HERE's a technique you might like to play with.

This quote made me smile..."Today I completed a chore I'd been putting off for six months.  It took 15 minutes.  I will learn nothing from this"






18 comments:

  1. So true about the task which takes no time when you finally get to it. After spending time and energy postponing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! This morning I'm struggling with having to call our cable provider and try to convince them that they need to give us a good discount. I've been putting it off for over a month and now it's a case of I have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "Witch's House" picture!! Those dark shadows are just right...nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still more shading required before I'll be satisfied, but at least it's a start!

      Delete
  4. Now that is going to be absolutely lovely. I really like the name you chose for the house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not my name - the house is well known as the Witch's House - it's somewhere in Saskatchewan and you can google it for more information if you're interested.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the suggestion to Google -- I found this site. Rabbit trail........ https://glenbowe.home.blog/2021/08/03/the-witchs-house/

      Delete
    3. Yes, Glen writes amazing posts about historical areas! I'm glad you discovered him.

      Delete
  5. That is a spooky house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to recreate it from the first time I saw pictures of it. I think it's beautiful, spooky or not!

      Delete
  6. That is a neat name and history too. Thanks for the links as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Local lore calls it the Witch's House so I will stick with it.

      Delete
  7. I've been asked by my friend to take her wedding dress from 50 or so years ago, and make a dressing robe for her grand daughters to wear on their wedding day. I'd love to have enough left to make something like the bag you shared for my friend to carry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea!! So much better than letting the dress languish until it rots away.

      Delete
  8. Spooky is a good word. Catching up on this latest creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house must have been a real showpiece in its day - still is amazing, even though it's long abandoned.

      Delete
  9. That house looks so dimensional, like it's standing out from the backgroun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that's an effect I hope to be able to create.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.