MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 24, 2024

mmm, mmm, good!

 

Resident Chef made this and I can attest that it's delish!  Thought I'd share in case any of you would like to try it.

GINGER PORK/CHICKEN STIR FRY

2 lb. pork, chicken or beef, sliced thinly
Sauce:
2 T. veg. oil                             1 c. fine chopped onion
1 ½ c. chopped green and/or red peppers
1 ½ c. grated carrots
_____________
12 T. white vinegar       1 c. brown sugar, packed
4 T. soy sauce               4 T. ketchup
1 tsp. ground ginger     1 tsp. garlic powder
_________________
8 tsp. cornstarch          4 T. water
________________
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
200 grams (approx) Udon or Rice noodles - cooked
        Heat oil and stir fry onion, peppers & carrots til
soft.  Add next 6 ingredients.  Mix cornstarch & water;
 add & stir til thickened. Heat 2 T. oil & add pork strips.
 Stir fry til no longer pink.  Add mushrooms & sauce.



- The quilters among you might enjoy seeing some interviews of the winners at the Quilt Week Show at Paducah.  Go HERE 

- And, better get those bread crumbs ready for when you visit all the free patterns to be found HERE!

- Sometimes you just never know when a tidbit of information just might be the very thing you need to know as THIS will likely attest (and yet another example of you not quite knowing what to expect here!).

- Although I don't often work with paper, I thought THESE would be a fun project.

- Must admit THIS is beyond my abilities but I know some of you enjoy spinning so perhaps you'd like to give it a try.

Today's quote is from John Bunyan..."You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you"

12 comments:

  1. Oooh YUM!! I will definitely give this a try; looks fabulous...my thanks to the chef...hugs for a great weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC says you're welcome! Hope you like it as much as we did.

      Delete
  2. Your spinning link is interesting. I've spun and dyed coffee filters, which can be cut into a very long continuous strip and are resistant enough to spin and dye without tearing. I like the efforts you make to bring us all these great links, complete with cautions and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you when I stumbled across the paper spinning. I do remember you using coffee filters. Glad you like the links!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the recipe!
    The paper spinning looks really interesting. The paper moths give me ideas. It is always nice to have a new craft to learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the moths looked like fun too.,

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the RC/Magpie approved recipe -- and for the interesting sites to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. Thanks for sharing another recipe, Mary Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Resident Chef certainly comes up with some good ones.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Chef. Been craving this food for the past 3 months. I've gone around to restaurants in 6 towns around here to try all the different dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says you're welcome! Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.