MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Progressing, but still not done

 I'm showing another corner of the latest landscape, despite the fact that there's still more I plan to add.

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS artist!

- And THIS slideshow has some amazing pieces as well.

- Thank you to Jocelyn for the heads up on THIS great article on how to organize fabric scraps.

- It can never be said (?!) that this isn't a full-service blog, as giving you a link to THIS will attest.  You're welcome.

Today's quote..."This is the beginning of a new day.  You have been given this day to use as you will.  You can waste it or use it for good.  What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.  When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever.  In its place is something that you have left behind.  Let it be something good"

20 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous stitching on your corner spot!! Those yellow flowers are beautifully rendered;))) Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose - three days of work so far just on that section alone. Some would say I was possessed (and probably they wouldn't be far wrong!).

      Delete
  2. This corner would be lovely on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love stitched flowers. Yours are so lively, I love them. I don't love the quotation though. Nothing is ever wasted, certainly not time. It's used or passed in many ways, and I disagree with judgment calls on what's "better". That's pressure thinking. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - interesting to read your take on the quote, definitely some food for thought there.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sneak peek, very pretty.
    Thank-you for the interesting links, my favorite is the surger thread release.
    Have a wonderful fun filled day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have used that thread release info when I was shortening Resident Chef's sleeves on his t-shirts.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful hand stitching Mary Anne it's going to look even more fabulous as you add more! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Sherry of createology: Your embroidery is very lovely dear. It will be stunning on this landscape. Great eye candy links. Hubby and I were just discussing our life ruler is getting shorter every day. We agree to enjoy each day we have together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying each day is a great philosophy for sure.

      Delete
  7. I love it when you add to the borders, those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love doing the embroidery part. Flowers just add to the overall look.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful, that is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's taken me about five days to do the embroidery. Glutton for punishment, that's me!

      Delete
  9. Wow, very nice. I really love those flowers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - I love embroidery so it's no hardship to add to the landscapes.

      Delete
  10. Its getting a bit exciting. Such a tease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's either a tease or not have anything to show because it's all I've been doing over the past few days.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.