MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 28, 2023

Basting, my friends, is boring!

 A bit more accomplished on the landscape - it's now been basted ready to be machine quilted....


- If you'd like to create a Christmas-themed quilt, check out THIS block of the week.  Personally I'd love this one done in blues and whites.

- If you have a Super Mario fan in your life, check THIS out!

- Have a peek through the creations of THIS artist

- I love the creations of THIS artist!

Today's quote..."When older people say "Enjoy them while they are young" they are talking about your knees and hips, not your kids"





16 comments:

  1. Basting is boring but think of the light at the end of that tunnel. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, basting is necessary, for sure.

      Delete
  2. P.S. The tree rings -- wouldn't those be great as machine-embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving how this landscape came out--basting is tedious for sure--but does keep it all in place so well to work on it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is so beautiful, the old car makes for a perfect scene.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working with old vehicles - they're a challenge all on their own.

      Delete
  5. While basting can be tedious, just think how lovely the finished product will be.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the end result is worth it as I've learned the hard way.

      Delete
  6. LOL! Spot on quote

    Quilt progress is lovely.
    The tree ring link is really interesting, and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that quote is definitely a good one.
      I thought the tree ring art was inspired too.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the simple pop of red in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking lovely Mary Anne. At least the basting is finished! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've discovered that basting is important if I want it to lie flat and even then it can still give me issues.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.