MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 16, 2023

Same...or...different?

 I know it doesn't look much different but trust me, it is.  The water, the birch trees, and the base of them has been quilted.  Next 'up' will be the grass and then I'm toying with maybe doing some trapunto in the rock area.



- There are some fun frugal decor ideas HERE.

- For those of you who don't sneeze every time you get near lavender, perhaps you'd like to try making THIS.  

- There's an interesting article HERE about natural dyeing with plants.

- If you have an abundance of lemon balm in your garden, maybe one of THESE ideas will interest you.

- And maybe you might like to try THIS.

Today's quote..."If we could spread love as quickly as we spread hate and negativity, what an amazing world we would live in"



14 comments:

  1. I see progress, more texture. Trapunto, had to look it up, will be nice in the rock area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I'll accomplish the trapunto, but it's worth a try.

      Delete
  2. The artwork is coming along a treat. And I'm about to bake lemon balm cookies, thanks to your lemon balm link. I'm amused that she's explaining how to plant and care for it. Around here I'm constantly tearing it out, because it's a mint relative and takes over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon balm cookies - sounds good to me!!

      Delete
    2. Check fieldfen tomorrow! Now that I'm back to food, I made them. Not bad.

      Delete
    3. Look forward to your review!

      Delete
  3. this piece is really looking beautiful--I love all the work you've done...nice job...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose - it's getting there. Quilting is underway and soon I'll be able to do the really fun part - the embroidery.

      Delete
  4. I can see more texture. Looks great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilting adds a lot of texture for sure. Glad you were able to see it.

      Delete
  5. Your water quilting looks very meticulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a layer of shiny netting and then is quilted with silver thread to make it look like the sun is reflecting on it.

      Delete
  6. It looks a LOT different! So many textural features now. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can see the textures - I know they're there, but never sure that they show up in a photo.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.