MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

One step forward, two (or likely three) back

 


Yes, the landscape is being worked on, but as it says above, it's been a slog.  For some reason everything I attempted to do yesterday was a waste of time and ended up being torn out.  Did my thumbs in by making altogether too many French knots that got taken out again - three times.  Fourth attempt?  Well, suffice to say it's not sticking around either.  Sigh.

- If you happen to have an old suitcase taking up space in your closet, perhaps turning it into one of THESE might make it useful again.

- THIS is a rather nice shawl pattern that would be nice to have on hand for cooler nights.

- HERE is a fun summer project that would make wonderful gifts (not that I'm EVER thinking of *that* date in December!)

- And THESE would be fun to make too.


16 comments:

  1. Cha Cha!
    I say that is a wonderful attitude to have.
    Sorry you had to do over sections. You know what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what I'm doing? Hah - if I did, there wouldn't be as much frogging going on!!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Sherry of createology: Oh My Dear…doing the Cha Cha with French Knots cannot be any fun. I do hope you are having success with your plans for this wonderful landscape. I love altered suitcases and save lots in my Pinterest files. Of course I have not made one for myself! Sunny Summer Day…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't altered a suitcase either but it's on my list of possibilities someday. Yes, I've been cha cha'ing altogether too much lately!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I do so commiserate with that "cha-cha-cha" dance you are doing on your piece...I hate having to remove stitchings...!!
    Hope it goes more easily for you hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a learning curve. Sometimes using the colour you'd least expect turns out to be 'the one' (who knew?)

      Delete
  4. I had to rip out almost an entire mitten one day. Just because I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens, more often than I like to admit.

      Delete
  5. Ha Ha! It's only cha-cha! I will remember that. I always tell myself at one of these times, "I'm not here to make something ugly."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is I don't know what I like until after I've tried it, and in this case it took a lot of tries!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for encouraging me to do the waffle stitch. I think I can. cha-cha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I do that waffle stitch - a lot!!

      Delete
  7. Part of the reason I feel so hesitant about cutting out fabric and attempting to sew a garment - as opposed to casting on even a wildly ambitious knitting project - is knowing that I can't just rip it out and reknit it if something goes sideways. Cutting into fabric seems like jumping off a cliff by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Oddly enough, I have no problem chopping up fabric to put into a landscape but when it comes to the thought of making clothing I am with you in jumping off that cliff.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Better doing it this way than the real thing (at least for me!).

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.