MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 09, 2023

Some more additions

 Yes, there were more additions to the landscape, but I have to say Mama Isn't Happy.  It's back to the drawing board when it comes to the sizing of the canoe - I think it should be bigger so I'm going to make another one and then test fit it to see if I like it better.  What say you?


- I can't imagine doing THESE, but find them interesting.

- THIS might be a fun process to try.

- Some artists choose the most interesting substrates to work with as you can see HERE.

- There's a very thought-provoking article HERE - certainly gave me lots to ponder!

Today the quote is from Tasha Tudor..."I enjoy doing housework, ironing, washing, cooking, dishwashing.  Whenever I get one of those questionaires and they ask what is your profession, I always put down housewife.  It's an admirable profession, why apologize for it.  You aren't stupid because you're a housewife.  When you're stirring the jam, you can read Shakespeare"


17 comments:

  1. The monotype from watercolor idea is good. Degas often started with a monotype and finished it with pastels. That's where the magic of his work comes from. It's worth a try. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the canoe sizing??..it looks like the focal point right now as, at least, my eyes are drawn right to it in that color...
    The whole picture looks lovely...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be the focal point and at this point not sure that the colour is enough to do it.

      Delete
  3. I say you are right, make another. The small one feels toy like. Nice work
    The Ruby Silvious page is really an eye opener what a person can do with paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's the way I felt too so it's good to know that I'm on the right (better!) track.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps just a smidge bigger. Good idea to make another and try it out first.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make a second one and it was pronounced perfect by Resident Chef, so glad I went with my initial feeling.

      Delete
  5. The composition and colors are great... right, the canoe should be a bit bigger... yes, sometimes you don't see it until you've done it.
    But I always improve when I can.
    ps I made jam from strawberries, fresh from the field - picked myself - and yes, listening to audio books and cooking is great... moreover, with relaxed cooking, a lot more love flows into the food and that benefits everyone. Cheers to the housewives :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning as I go because I've had no art training unless you count a few folk art classes many years ago. I just end up going with what I think looks good and hoping for the best.

      Delete
  6. The boat looks fine, but I don't have a clue about your vision which is very important in conveying your message. Anxious to check out the next step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my 'vision' is definitely off-kilter!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Sherry of createology; Your eye for these landscapes is amazing. I see this canoe as being fine however you know what looks better. Great links for inspiration. Wonderful quote…The “simple” joys of being a housewife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say as I know what looks better, I just know what doesn't (or at least I like to think I do!)

      Delete
  8. Love this work of yours... as for the canoe, I couldn't say one way or the other, My approach is the same as yours, make a bigger one and see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, bigger IS better I think. Picture to come in my post tomorrow.

      Delete
  9. Curious to see what you think of the larger canoe if you try it. I think you may be right about the size perspective. Great ideas in those links - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turned out bigger IS better (at least IMHO anyway).

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.