MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 30, 2023

Another recipe and a tiny reveal

 How about I really go overboard and share what we had for supper last night?


CASHEW CHICKEN

1 ½ lbs chicken breasts    Pepper
¼ c. cornstarch                  2 T. olive oil
¼ c. soy sauce                  ½ c. chicken broth
3 garlic cloves, minced     1 T. brown sugar
1 T. hoisen sauce              1 tsp. sesame oil
1 c. whole unsalted cashews
    Cut chicken into 1” pieces. Season with
pepper.  Toss with cornstarch.
Add olive oil to large skillet over med high
heat.  Once oil gets to smoking stage, add
chicken in batches.  Cook until golden brown.
Whisk remaining ingredients & add to pan
with cashews.  Toss until thickened.  Serve
over rice.

adapted from a recipe from therecipecritic.com
******************
Remember all those squares of fabric I showed you earlier?  Well, I now have one to the stage where you can see where I'm heading with them.

Only 79 more to make!!
********************
While I'm working on those, my brain is percolating over the next landscape.  If you ask Mr. Google to show you pictures of 'The Three Churches of Mahone Bay' you'll get an idea of what I'll be working on.
***************
THIS would be fun to make and comes in a range of sizes to suit everyone.

- THIS is an interesting bag with a little different twist.

- Have a scroll through the interesting designs found HERE. (just click on the 'x' to remove the ad if it shows up on your screen)

- If you burn jarred candles, perhaps THIS hint (and tips for upcycling) might be of use.

- THIS little fellow simply made me smile.

Today's quote..."Maybe we ought to live for the small things - like wet nose puppy kisses, rainy days with good company, the quiet calm at night and the sweet smell of rain, because in the end, that's the stuff we will remember....the love we felt, the memories we made and the happiness that filled our hearts"


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Sherry of createology: Yum to the Cashew Chicken…thank you for sharing your recipe. I did google the Three Churches of Mahone Bay and they look very interesting for your next landscape. I adore your floral fabric with the green crocheted edge. Another good quote to live by. Happy Weekend My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it interesting that there are three churches in virtually the same block, all quite different from the others. Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. I do like the squares, I am hope you share what the finished design is like.
    Thank-you for the cashew chicken recipe, looks yummy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be sharing what I'm doing with those squares, once I have enough done to show.
      The cashew chicken recipe IS yummy!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh what a super idea for those lovely squares...such pretty fabric...I do like that candle jar trick a lot--i will give that one a try...
    thanks ;))) have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to combine yarn and fabric. As for candles, I don't dare burn them because I have a nasty habit of forgetting all about them and that's a fire hazard...only battery operated ones for me, just to be safe.

      Delete
  4. Love the adorable robot! Making those will use up a lot of the ancient nuts, bolts, nails and unidentifibles I've saved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That robot certainly made me smile. Sadly we don't have any 'makin's' here or I'd be trying to make a new studio mascot!

      Delete
  5. I would have to make this for just DH and myself, none of the boys like nuts - more for us!
    Oooh, a lovely blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be all the more for you if the boys don't like nuts. (and yes, you've guessed correctly)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.