MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

A recipe - who knew?

It's been awhile since I've shared a recipe and we just discovered this one and really liked it... 

                                RANCH POTATO SALAD

2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & chunked
1/2 c. chopped English cucumber
1/4 c. minced red onion
1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c. ranch dressing
S & P to taste

Cook potatoes in salted water about 12 minutes.  Drain and cool.  Toss with remaining ingredients and chill at least an hour before serving.

- THIS is another bag pattern that would be useful and fun to make.

- THIS is so pretty - I won't be attempting to make it though.

- You might be interested in making one of THESE.

- Crocheting some of THESE would be good for stash busting.

Today's quote..."It's better to be your genuine self, and have fewer of the right kinds of people in your life, than it is to surround yourself with those who only accept you as long as you conform to their idea of who you should be"





18 comments:

  1. We love potato salads in this house;))0 this one looks really good--DH doesn't like cucs, so I will try a little one for just "moi" ;))) Thanks for the recipe...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our 'normal' potato salad is just pretty much potatoes and then a combination of Miracle Whip and Italian salad dressing (we pour the Italian dressing over the potatoes while they're still warm so it absorbs and then add the MW after it's cooled). This recipe is a nice change so I think we'll be alternating between the two.

      Delete
  2. I love potato salad and this recipe sounds good! I will try it! I love potato salad with baked beans and fried chicken. When I was a child and my mother was in the hospital, a neighbor brought that meal to us and I wonder if that is why I love it so. She had sprinkled paprika on top of the potato salad and I had to ask her what it was! I have done that to mine ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure - paprika HAS to be sprinkled on the top! Hope you try this version and that you like it as much as we do.

      Delete
  3. Good recipe. Thank you
    Mother put sour cream in her potato salad. The Ranch dressing will be perfect for added flavor.
    The cross body bag is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect sour cream and ranch dressing would give much the same flavor. We rarely have sour cream on hand but we make our own ranch dressing so it's easier to come by.
      Glad you like the bag!

      Delete
  4. Mary Anne: This is a yummy sounding recipe, thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Sherry of createology: I have been wanting a good potato salad to eat and this recipe just might be it! Thank you for sharing. Fun links as always. Todays quote is a good thought provoking one that is very powerful. Sunny Smiles Dear…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like German potato salad, oil, vinegar, onions, scallions, capers, no cream of any kind, lovely tart taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you serve yours warm? I've seen it done that way but must admit it doesn't appeal to me. I like my potato salad cold!

      Delete
  7. A different type of potato salad, must give it a try.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we tried it - the recipe is definitely a keeper for us.

      Delete
  8. Such great ideas shared today. I've never had cucumbers in potato salad. It does sound refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never had cukes in potato salad either and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

      Delete
  9. I just found a potato salad I really like, but this sounds like a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never have enough potato salad in the summer (oddly I don't want it during the winter) so it's always nice to have a new recipe to try.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.