MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Still the same, with an exception

 The landscape, at first glance, still looks the same.  However, it HAS been quilted and I'm currently working on completing the rock area with a trapunto technique.  Sadly that doesn't show up in photos, and the only way you can tell it's been done is if you run your hand over it.  Ah well, it was a fun exercise anyway.  



and, here's a closeup so you might be
able to see the trapunto (click to embiggen?)



Please ignore the basting threads!

- Perhaps you might like to give THIS a try.

- THESE would be fun for summer (And would use up sock yarn stash as well).

- THESE would also be fun to make for your garden or balcony.

- And HERE is another fun thing you might like to try.

Today's quote..."Worrying about how things will go wrong does nothing to help things go right"


16 comments:

  1. I love how you quilted the skies in this one and I could see the trapunto work you did--just lovely. Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still some stitching to do on the rocks and I have to stitch down the purple border but I'll soon be able to start the embroidery part.

      Delete
  2. I see a couple of places in the rocks with trapunto work. So the sky is just quilting and not trapunto? Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to photograph trapunto but the entire rock area is done that way. Sky is quilted, no trapunto there.

      Delete
  3. The sky is great in this one. Lovely artwork. I don't need embroidery, even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The embroidery will be minimal, but I can't help myself and just have to add at least a little bit!

      Delete
  4. Looks trapunto on the rocks right away. Wow! Stunning quilt.
    Onion skin dye, good tutorial.
    Boud posted one over a year ago or more, and ever since then. I think of her onion dye with every onion I chop. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could see the trapunto!
      I keep thinking I'd like to try the onion skin dye but haven't gotten around to it (yet!)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Sherry of createology: Very first thing I noticed is the beautifully quilted Sky. I also see the rocks with the trapunto stitching have given them dimension. Oh how I do admire Dorset buttons…but I have never made any even though I really want to. Worrying is my Superpower yet I know it does nothing to help anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a few dorset buttons but not quite like these. Glad you could see the trapunto and the sky quilting!

      Delete
  6. This is really lovely. You have done a great job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a ton of progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been a lot done, but I wasn't sure how much would actually show up in a photo.

      Delete
  8. I love those rays in the sky. And the trapunto shows up nicely in your close-up. I've got a bunch of repurposed bowling balls in our yard - and a stash of more to be worked on in the basement you've reminded me about. Maybe later next month I'll get back to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repurposing bowling balls sounds like fun - you'll have to share pictures on your blog!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.