MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Might as well

 I might as well just direct you to re-view the photo in my previous post because the landscape doesn't look much different.  All that's been added is a whole lot of basting in preparation for the quilting step.  Very yawn-worthy and not worth showing you again.

Instead, I'll show you what came in the mail this week and let you wonder just what I might be making....



- If you've followed this blog for very long, you know I have a fascination with dragons so of course I had to share THIS link.

- THIS looks like a fun technique to try.

- And THIS is another one!

- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist.  I really like her use of colour.

Instead of a quote, I thought I'd show you this...




8 comments:

  1. Spot on quote!
    My guess is a journal cover.
    Hees' mixed media artwork makes me want to get out my glue and scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that quote as well - so much truth to it.
      Nope - not a journal cover, but good guess!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, lovely fabrics. Are you making zippered pouches?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Sherry of createology: I like your fabric and maybe you are making Isla an outfit. I am entranced with the link for Jennifer Hees artwork. Wow! A mirror makes the statement very powerful. The quilting on your landscape is bringing the land to life. Trapunto for the rocks is a great idea. Happy Weekend Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, but nope, sorry. How true that quote is - we ARE the most dangerous animals in the world.

      Delete
  4. When I see small squares of fabric, I automatically think of hotpads/potholders. However, I'm guessing something for one of the little people in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on the right track with the fact that it's for family, but it really isn't small squares - it's 2 yards of each

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.