MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 26, 2022

Another thing off my list

 I had this one knitted for awhile but of course procrastinated on the sewing up part of it.  I love to knit but the finishing, not so much.


The pattern is THIS one and I used Paton's Canadiana yarn.  

- Thought some of you might enjoy seeing THESE.  

- In my quest to find a 'better way' to join seams in knitted sweaters, I came across THIS helpful site.  There's all sorts of good information for knitters, along with a number of great patterns.

- THIS is a really pretty design some of you might like to create.

- I've always liked tree of life designs and I think THIS is the first time I've seen a crocheted version (you'll have to scroll down to find the pattern).

Today's quote.."Why is it that you can spend hours cleaning and organizing your craft room, but it only takes one tiny project to make it look like a bomb went off and a tornado hit at the same time?"

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    So this beautiful sweater is where you used the Hidden Ladder stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - it wasn't the easiest to do, not because of the stitch but because I used black yarn which is difficult to see.

      Delete
  2. Why is it that my stuff looks like work in progress and other people's stuff looks like clutter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - mine looks like work in progress too, but it does tend to cross over into looking like a cyclone hit. When I reach that point and set something down only to have it disappear in the chaos, that's when I know I need to bring in the backhoe.

      Delete
  3. What a really cute back to school sweater. Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be for back to school exactly - unless it's back to school after the Christmas break!

      Delete
  4. Oh how cute is that! I love how the rainbow colors just pop on the sweater. I've pinned that tree of life pattern for a future attempt. I'm afraid my craft room does look like a tornado blew through most of the time and even more so now. My back is not allowing me to do what I want to lately up there as far as cleaning and reorganization, and my "mess" is slowly creeping back to the dining room table, but I'm determined not to let it get out of hand. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your back! Hopefully it gets better soon.
      I wouldn't normally make a black sweater for a little one but that crayon design appealed to me so I succumbed. Now I'm back to not doing black sweaters because it was really difficult to put together.

      Delete
  5. Adorable sweater. The blue afghan is gorgeous. The tree of life would look good on a crochet tunic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our grandson will look cute in the sweater. And yes, that blue afghan certainly caught my eye!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely sweater.

    I took a peek at those quilts and am in awe of peoples abilities.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweater. Such a cute design. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a cute design too but working with black wasn't the easiest thing. Won't be making another one!

      Delete
  8. That sweater is so cute! And oh boy... that quote could have been mine. I haven't actually worked on any craft projects since moving, but yep... all it takes is one project and just like that, order seems to become chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people who are creative would identify with that quote.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.