MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 12, 2022

An update and a further mystery (or two)

 An update on the great tomato jam debacle - went and got more Certo and did what the Certo web site said to do when jam doesn't set.  Two batches both done the exact same way....one set, one didn't.  Why?????  Oh well, one batch is jam and the other will be eaten either on toast (being watchful for drippages!) or on top of ice cream.  The hunt is on for another recipe that hopefully will work better.  Although why did we make two batches last year with no issues?  T'is a mystery!

Remember that green blob I showed you the other day?  Well it's been joined by a purple one. I must say working with such bulky yarn isn't easy on my hands, but I am nothing if not stubborn.  Wonder what they will end up being???



Resident Chef is making refrigerator pickles as you can see from this photo...


Going to be hard to wait to give them a
taste test!

- For those who like acorns, perhaps you'd like to try making THIS.

- There are a number of uses for one of THESE (gift idea, perhaps?)

- HERE is another cute little project that might make fun gifts.  

- Have a peek at the interesting work done by THIS artist (click on either the 'next' or the 'previous' buttons to scroll through her gallery)

Today, for your quote.... (author unknown - if you know, please leave the information in the comments and I will update this)

The Knot's Prayer
Dear God:
Please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart, and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find
a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots,
would nots 
and should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all, 
dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all the "am nots"
that I have allowed to hold me back, 
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.
Amen

12 comments:

  1. Jam's a mystery, yes. But there's always sauce. And it's possible to have an iffy batch of certo. I need to get plum tomatoes from the farm soon to make tomato lemon Amish jam. Big favorite. Once in a while it's sauce, depending on the tomatoes and the lemons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomato lemon Amish jam - sounds like what I made only it's not called that. Any chance for the recipe so I can compare? Curious mind wants to know. I know it's possible to have an iffy batch of Certo and maybe that's the reason but one would wonder why one lot would set and the other wouldn't when they come from the same 'lot'.

      Delete
  2. I'm not going to say I do not like the not prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Will they be pom pom hats for Winter? ;))) That jam mystery continues, huh? It is a strange one...
    Hope your weekend is good --it finally cooled down here and the wind shifted to NNW--so cooling breezes are SO welcome that we went over to the riverside and walked on the boardwalk this morning...so refreshing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - not hats. I think you'll be surprised when the grand reveal does come. Don't hold your breath tho' because I'm waiting on a shipment of more yarn.
      It's a bit cooler here this morning too and we might be able to resume our river walks which will be good for Resident Chef's sciatica.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Sherry of createology: Now a purple T like the green one. Cut little berets? My Grandma used to do a “popcorn” stitch that resembles your pieces. Jam Shmam…now it shall be sauce and delicious. Oh My the gallery of threaded pieces is amazing! What about the “Not Me”?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people have mentioned those hats but nope, not hats.
      It never ceases to astound me just what people can make from thread and yarn.
      And yes, half the 'jam' turned out to be sauce, but oh well, it will still taste good.

      Delete
  5. I'm out of guesses on the round bumpy thing. Looking forward to the final reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a little while before I'll reveal what it is because I ran out of yarn and have to wait on a delivery for more.

      Delete
  6. How odd.. one lot set and one didn't... maybe the jelling agent was out of date? Purple blob - cushion? Looking forward to the reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that we used too many tomatoes so since then we've been given a different recipe and hopefully (but not until next year!) it will work better.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.