MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Just mumblings

 I'm sorry to say that I don't have any pictures for you of anything I've been working on.  Never fear, there ARE things happening but none of them are photo-worthy as yet.  


I know!  How about I show you something our #2 son has created?


He's making charcuterie boards using Mediterranean olive wood.  


So, instead of anything by moi, how about I catch you up on some of the links I've been finding lately....

- For those who like acorns, have a peek at THIS.

- THIS link takes knitters to the PDF of a really handy cheat sheet.

- THIS is a cute little project to do with kids (and I know few adults that would have fun with it too)  OR perhaps you'd like to try your hand at THIS instead.

- THIS is a link to a pattern for a great scrapbuster purse you can make.

- I think making THESE is rather intriguing. OR....if you'd prefer not to use bleach, HERE is another technique you can use.

- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS amazing artist!

- At this time of year when the leaves are in good shape, perhaps try using some to make THIS project.

- I can see THESE making nice gifts, particularly if they're filled with something!

- I really like THIS quilt for fall.

Today's quote:  "Strength doesn't come from what you can do.  It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't"



18 comments:

  1. Love the AQS page patterns--really neat ones. thanks for sharing these links this week. Hugs [on Hump Day] Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you found something of interest in the links...I post things that catch my eye and they're not necessarily of interest to anybody else.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Sherry of createology: Finally home from another road trip. Your son’s charcuterie boards are lovely and very timely as charcuterie is all the rage now. Such cute links and amazing artists. Saying goodbye to August…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we're lucky enough to be on the receiving end of one of his boards it won't be used for food because I will hang it on the wall for an art piece. To me, they're far too nice not to put them on display. I've broadly hinted that there's a space just waiting for one here so hopefully he'll take me up on it.

      Delete
  3. I love printmaking in many forms. Pro tip from someone who's taught this: use a brayer to spread the ink gently back and forth till you hear it hissing as you roll. My teacher, famous print maker, used to say when the ink talks, it's ready! Then apply the leaves. It's so fun. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking ink? Who knew! Good tip, thank you.

      Delete
  4. I'd like the board with the food please! Either way, with the food or on the wall it is a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - the food makes it look that much better but I'd still hang it on the wall because I've always had a 'thing' for hand created wooden (and glass!) pieces.

      Delete
  5. I love those boards that your son is creating. The texture of the wood is very interesting.

    That knitted purse link is great. I will be copying that pattern out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wood certainly is beautiful. I think he wishes he had an unending source for it but I think these were a one-off. Hopefully he'll be able to locate more.
      Glad you like the knitted purse - hope you make one and will share a photo on your blog.

      Delete
  6. Charcuterie board gorgeous!
    I can see a headboard of wood like that. Nothing can mean more time for yourself. The bleached pinecones is great. They look so summery fresh. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, wouldn't a headboard look amazing!

      Delete
  7. That charcuterie board is beautiful. He obviously inherited your creative talent! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think he got his talent for woodworking from Resident Chef. He used to carve amazing birds but had to give it up when the dust started bothering his breathing.

      Delete
  8. You have a very talented son. That's a beautiful charcuterie board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of our sons inherited their woodworking talent from Resident Chef.

      Delete
  9. Whoa! That is a very pretty charcuterie board spread. :) And I'm so glad you showed a picture of just a board by itself. Gorgeous! Your son is an artist too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can say that both of our boys are artists in their own right. #2 son loves working with wood and #1 son is a chef and creates beautiful dishes every day. #2 daughter-in-love is an artist by trade too, so it certainly does run in the family.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.