MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Sunday, August 28, 2022

A busy cauldron, and flying knitting needles

 Over the weekend we made two batches of zucchini relish as you can see from these.....


And...my knitting needles have been busy creating three little pumpkin hats for three grandies.  



Pattern is THIS one.  I changed it up for the boys and did a ribbed bottom rather than the rolled bottom as the pattern shows.  Caron Simply Soft yarn once again.

- THIS is another of those things that would serve a myriad of uses.  

- Be prepared for cuteness overload if you scroll down when you visit THIS link.  And have a peek at THESE cute little fellows!

- And THESE caught my eye (no pun intended!)

- I think, rather than use THESE as potholders, I'd like to hang one in the window.

- There are a number of really cute Halloween designs HERE.

- THIS artist does amazing work using real floral elements.

Today's quote..."Good things come to those who wait.  Better things come to those who don't give up, and the best things come to those who believe"



12 comments:

  1. Awesome adorable hats! Would you wear one? I would. I might! I think adults miss out on fun hats like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, adults do miss out on wearing hats like this, but having said that, there's still no way I'd wear one because I hate hats.

      Delete
  2. It's good to make those hats until the kids start refusing cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! As it is I tend to wonder if the almost 6 year old will want to wear his. Might get teased at school but at least it might be good for a photo op (plus it used up the yarn I had)

      Delete
  3. Such cute hats. I love them.

    Just busy freezing beans here and today I made eggplant parmigiana one tray for supper and three trays for the freezer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just loving the little pumpkins hats and your relish looks delicious! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the grandies love the hats too - if nothing else, they'll be good for a photo op.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! Those pumpkin hats are adorable! Don't know what to think about zucchini relish itself, but I am impressed. I need to take a picture of my pickles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't tried zucchini relish? You don't know what you're missing! We think it's better than cucumber relish.

      Delete
  6. Adorable hats! I hope they send you pictures of them wearing them. I've bookmarked that little owl and I had to go back and look twice at the nature creations. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful for pictures too and I'm sure we'll get them at some point. Glad you found something in the links!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.