MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Interesting concept

One of the blogs I read quite faithfully is http://kerismith.com/blog Keri is an artist and writer and never fails to make me stop and think. Tonight I see that she has a new book coming out later in the year called 'Wreck This Journal' and she has started a site at http://www.wreckthisjournal.com This site is well worth a visit if you have ever wanted to create or are creating an art journal. Many of us (myself being a prime one) are deathly afraid of doing a journal. We're afraid someone might see it - or we're afraid to 'wreck' what is a perfectly nice book by putting what we perceive to be our paltry efforts inside. We want to be able to create the same types of journals we are seeing on the internet and in books and just know that we'll never be good enough to even come close. We need to give up that mindset and let loose and not be afraid. This site (and I'm sure the upcoming book) will be a tremendous aid towards getting rid of that fear.

Now, to just practice what I'm preaching!

No comments: