MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Felting 1, 2, 3




Well, folks, here is part two of the felting saga. The smaller picture is a re-post of the first clog in its original knitted form, before felting. The larger picture shows the current result. Clog on the left has been run through the washer once and looks not too bad, considering. Clog on the right however, looks sick. Tired. Frumpish. Hmm. You don't suppose frogging something three times might have something to do with it? Do you suppose the wool might just be worn out (which would explain it looking tired I should think). Hmm.
The next question is...do I throw them through the washer again? I'm happy with the length of them, but they are both too wide and would be very sloppy on the feet I think. Should I or shouldn't I? Decisions, decisions. Stay tuned for part 4 in this ongoing saga....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.