MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, November 20, 2023

More additions to the Christmas box!

 PJ's for two out of four grandies - check!!  Well, almost - still have to add the elastic in the waist and awaiting measurements for that so I can finish them up.  There is enough fabric left to make them each a matching pillowcase too...bonus.


- Some small ideas HERE for quickie gifts.

- THIS is meant for a baby but I don't see why, with different colours, it couldn't be embiggened for adults too.

- THESE would be fun to make with kids (or without!)

- Perhaps you might like to make one of THESE for your December decor.

- Some things use the simplest of supplies and turn out rather cute, as THIS shows.

- I absolutely need to make one of THESE now that I have a new sewing machine!

Today's quote is from E. Joseph Coffman..."If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today"

18 comments:

  1. Love the microwave bowl idea--will make some for gifts this Christmas...[merci mille fois;)))]
    those are the cutest pjs--my kids loved special, new pjs; hugs, Julierose Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the grandies like their new pj's but the better question is likely if they'll fit properly. Fingers crossed! Thank you fopr the Thanksgiving wishes but I'm in Canada so ours was in October.

      Delete
  2. Remembering a year ago isn't so hard. It's remembering this morning that's a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - it's a challenge to remember long enough to know why I've gone into another room!!

      Delete
  3. Your PJ with matching pillow case is a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured I might as well use the extra fabric and make matching pillow cases.

      Delete
  4. Adorable pajamas.
    Okay, that plastic spoon tree is the best! What a neat project to do with kids and/or friends. Getting together to make ornaments is a lot of fun.
    A year ago I was worry the same as I worry today...over just about anything that's visible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spoon tree caught my eye too - it's something that should be easy to do with cheap dollar store materials. I'm sure you could glue beads onto it here and there to decorate it a bit more.

      Delete
  5. Awesome pajamas. I have made microwave bowl covers for us and the boys as well. They use them all the time, might be time to make some new ones.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made bowl covers and I know I should because they certainly would come in handy.

      Delete
  6. Very cute pyjamas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Sherry of createology: Wonderful pjs for the Grandies and a matching pillowcase is a bonus! You always have the best links and ideas…thank you. I worry so much that I have no idea what all I worry about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pillowcases ended up being a bonus. I've already made them pillowcases but I'm sure they can use two.

      Delete
  8. Oooh... those fabrics made really cute PJs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the grandies will think so too! No matter - they'll keep them warm anyway.

      Delete
  9. How cute to have pj's and matching pillow cases. What a great idea! Thanks for all the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a case of using up the fabric that was leftover from making the pj's so I wouldn't have to put it in my stash!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.