MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Jabba Jabba Do!!!

 I have a matched set of sore arms thanks be to being jabbed, not once, but twice.  Covid booster in the left arm and flu shot in the right.  Always glad to get that over with!

A trip to the fabric store yielded PJ makin's as you can see from this photo.  My goodness, sewing patterns have gotten outlandishly expensive!!  I have to wash and dry them before I sew them up (or at least so the kind lady in the fabric shop suggested).  


Sorry folks, life got in my way and I'm afraid I only have one link for you this time.  It's a biggie so hopefully it will be enough to keep you amused for awhile.

- Never let it be said that I am not an enabler, and you'll find out why when you go HERE (don't say I didn't warn you!)

This great quote was found via Field and Fen (thank you!)...




16 comments:

  1. Glad that saying is getting around. I swiped it from Spoutible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great quote and well worth sharing! At least, for once, it has the proper credit attached to it.

      Delete
  2. That link was soooo naughty! Will you be making some? Hope your arms feel better soon and look forward to seeing some PJ's! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be making any quilts anytime soon...landscapes are quite enough for me. PJ's have to wait for laundry day to happen so I can wash the fabric first.

      Delete
    2. Geez - I forgot the link was for candy and not quilts!! In which case, I just might be making some for Christmas!!!

      Delete
    3. No problem Mary Anne, I have trouble remembering what I have done too! xx

      Delete
  3. I say! 50 fudge recipes! That's heavenly good.
    You are right about sewing pattern prices, they are pricey. I search on Ebay for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with finding patterns on ebay and would have gone that route had there been a bit more time.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Sherry of createology: Just got our Flu shots this morning, however our doctor does not have the Covid vaccine. Our pharmacy’s also do not have them. Fun Fabrics for the jammies. I Love what “I don’t owe anyone!”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can soon get your covid vac - I have heard of there being shortages but I was lucky. Hopefully RC will be able to get his next week.

      Delete
  5. Love the fabric, and yes definitely wash it. In fact I wash all my fabric before pinning on the patterns.

    Fudge!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a beginner when it comes to making most types of clothing so it's a learning curve for much of it. I make PJ/lounge pants for our boys all the time because they can't buy them long enough but this is my first foray into making tops as well as bottoms.

      Delete
  6. That fabric will make some mighty cute PJs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a whole carton of patterns I really like at a tag sale, so I've got my work cut out for me.
    If only I had my work cut out for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking at the thrift store for patterns for kids but they seem to be snapped up before I get there. Sure is added incentive when you see the price they're charging for them new!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.