MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, November 24, 2023

Losing my mind...or a screw loose...take your pick!

 Well, it's now a proven fact that I'm losing what's left of my mind...and the Resident Chef isn't much better.  We just spent over four hours searching this small apartment for two Minecraft-themed pillowcases that I distinctly remember making for the two oldest grandies that were supposed to be for Christmas.  We turned everything upside down (oh, the dust elephants....and the sneezing!) but they were nowhere to be found in the bedroom.  Hmmm....so....did they get scooped up with loose fabric and get put away somehow?  Well....a grand dumpage of buckets and bins and sorting on a grandiose scale certainly neatened things up but no pillowcases. 


It wasn't until we were on the LAST drawer of fabric that the RC had a brainwave and wondered, just maybe, did we give them to the boys for their BIRTHDAYS earlier in the year? 
 

Surely we didn't.  

Did we??

A mad dash to the computer to message our respective families begging them to put us out of our misery and tell us that we'd already gifted them.  

Crisis averted.
Apartment cleaned.
Dust elephants wrangled.

Back to the regularly scheduled chaos
here at Chez Magpie.


- THIS is a nice design that would look wonderful as a banner.

-THIS takes you to Part One of how to make an adorable gingerbread house. There are further links to Parts Two and Three.

- THIS is an easy and quick little gift you could make (and fill with goodies!)

- HERE is another of those things that just made me laugh.

Today's quote is from Sue Fitzmaurice..."Next time I lose my mind I swear I'm not even going to look for it anymore"





18 comments:

  1. Next time just come in here and ask us! I remember your talking about those slips ages ago. But anyway you got some tidying and dusting done, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had made them but the fact that I'd already gifted them was the part that slipped my mind. Oh well, at least I unearthed some things that sparked ideas for future projects.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Sherry of createology: Oh how I know that searching game! I always put things places and then forget where or what I did with them! Very cute Stuck Elf wreath. Merry Joyful Days Dear. I agree with the quote today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all suffer from that game - despite our best efforts to the contrary!

      Delete
  3. LOL, I can certainly feel your worry. I have oft times done the same.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know I'm in good company!

      Delete
  4. We have a resident "thief" (evidently) who takes, it seems, a whole lot of things we cannot find...
    so I totally empathize with your searching game...we are often heard to be saying" he's at it again--I cannot find my....."
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your resident thief must have a first cousin living at my place!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I can relate to this SO much! I have an actual list on my laptop titled: things to find in the house.
    Not even in the workshop, which is chockablock full, or in the barns. No. In my teeny tiny hut of a house.
    And it's not a short list. When I can cross something off that list - usually because I've stumbled across an item while doing something totally unrelated - it feels like a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea! Mind you, I know I'd fall down on the job and wouldn't keep it updated and would STILL have to go mining for something I needed. I keep a daily journal and keep a record in the back of what I have on hand for gift giving - which - wonder of wonders - I obviously don't keep updated. Sigh.

      Delete
  6. Sit right away and pray, helps clear the mind, sometimes. :)
    The gingerbread crochet box pattern is a treasure. So neat to have for making birdhouse oranamens that I like. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, prayer is good! Doesn't always work in the way we'd prefer it to though.
      I love the gingerbread box too - would like to make one but probably never will.

      Delete
  7. That sounds like something I'd do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at Boud's comment! She could have spared you from turning your house inside out and chasing dust elephants about! 😆

    So glad you can rest easy now. ☺️ Or does this mean you need to make more to add to the Christmas gift box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I knew I'd made them but had completely forgotten that I'd already gifted them for their birthdays. And yes, I made more for the Christmas box.

      Delete
  9. Don't you just hate it when things like that happen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! My own fault for not keeping my list up to date.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.