MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 30, 2022

Progress, but not quite by leaps and bounds

As you can see from this photo, the landscape is progressing.  I still have a couple small areas that I'm not sure how to proceed with but overall it's starting to look like what I have in my mind.




- I think THIS is really different and I suspect you could put pretty much any design on 'top'.

- THIS is a pretty cowl pattern that would be wonderful for the cold months.

- HERE is an interesting technique you might want to try. And THIS is another one!

My New Year wish for you:  "Choose to live by choice, not chance; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used.  Choose to make changes, not excuses; to excel, not compete.  Choose self-esteem, not self-pity.  Choose to listen to your inner voice, not to the random opinions of others"







12 comments:

  1. I love how your trees frame this picture--really nice work !! :)))
    I downloaded that pretty cowl pattern--thanks for the link hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The landscape is coming together - another day or two of work should pretty much complete it I think. This one won't have any embroidery so it will be faster to make.
      Glad you liked the cowl!

      Delete
  2. Love how the landscape is progressing it is really looking beautiful. Love the saying too. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all do that! Happy New Year! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine.
      And yes, wouldn't it be nice if we could do that!! Happy 2023 to you as well!

      Delete
  3. as always great links. I liked the cross stitch one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the links! I certainly have fun searching them out so I can share them.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Sherry of createology: Your Landscape is coming along very nicely. Beautiful New Year wish. We have lovely soft rain to begin 2023 with and it is very much appreciated. New Year Blessings Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're getting a nice rain! We've had rain here too after such a terrible snowy time around Christmas. Now the snow is pretty much gone.
      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, that's looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done - there will be a reveal of the finished project tomorrow so stay tuned!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. and a happy new year to you as well!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.