MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Will it...or won't it...that is the question

 Now that Christmas prep is pretty much done and dusted I'm ready to embark on a new landscape adventure.  I suspect this one WILL be an adventure because it's more ambitious than any I've tackled before.  This is the inspiration photo...


Photo is by Barbara Stanbro and used
with her kind permission

Update on the rant from Monday about the computer keyboard...Resident Chef has evidently gotten tired of listening to me swear discussing the merits of said keyboard and is insisting that I get a proper one.  

And, not quite the promised finish, but I did finish making this bowl 


Pattern is THIS one and yarn
was some Lion Brand Hometown 
I had lurking in my stash

- If you're planning to wrap gifts in brown paper this year, there are some great ideas HERE

- Patterns for snowflakes about this time of year, but THIS one caught my eye.

- THIS is a nice memory ornament that's easy to make.

- HERE is another really quick and easy gift you can make for everyone on your list.

- THIS would make a nice gift for the tea-lover on your list.

- There are lots of ideas for jar gifts HERE.

- There's some different ideas HERE for making chocolate bark.

Today's quote is from Tom Selleck..."Few of us are as good as we think we are; none of us are as good as we can be"




22 comments:

  1. I love the photo inspiration for the next landscape Mary Anne will look forward to watching your progress! Glad you are getting a new keyboard, I don't know why these things are properly standardised! Cute bowl too! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not at all sure that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew with this one, but won't know unless I try. I'm currently typing on the new keyboard and it's wonderful!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. You'll do a great job with that interesting photo idea. It's a good composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have faith, because I sometimes have my doubts. We'll see what happens!

      Delete
  3. The photo looks perfect for you.
    Pretty bowl. Love brown wrapping paper.
    Happy New Keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, happy new keyboard indeed! I will donate the other one and bless someone else who might just love it.

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous photo and I'm sure you're going to translate that into a gorgeous work of art. Love the bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what I'm going to do with the bowl but it was fun to make and used up some leftover yarn which is a win.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Sherry of createology: This Landscape will be challenging and very lovely. You will exceed the challenge I am certain. Your crochet bowl is very pretty and useful. WOW! Fabulous links for last minute Christmas gifts. I just made batches of Peppermint Bark for gifting (and eating!) to friends at a get together tonight. I love Tom Selleck and this quote. Blessings Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's proving to be a challenge! Glad you liked the links. I love the thought of peppermint bark but I have to steer clear of peppermint, sadly. I love the taste of it though!

      Delete
  6. I love that photo; I am still trying to upload the photos I have for you. Your basket is lovely and such a pretty color.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the photo too and sure hope I can do it justice! No rush for the photos - I have plenty to keep me busy for awhile.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing how you interpret that photograph! And I bought a pair of hanadmade mittens made with felted recycled sweaters and fleece lining, which were very cozy but so thick I couldn't do anything with my hands except maintain a flat mitten-shape :) The ones in your linked tutorial use much thinner wool for the outer layer, which makes bending fingers seem a lot more possible. Tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair of those mittens too and I agree that they are rather thick...mine aren't felted and I suspect the felting would make them even less 'bendable'. I use them when I'm cleaning off the car but then switch to leather gloves for driving.

      Delete
  8. That bowl turned out so pretty. The contrasting edge gives it lots of class. I'm looking forward to the new project because Barbara's photos is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bowl did turn out pretty and I liked the contrasting edge too.
      Barbara's photo certainly caught my eye so I hope I can do it justice!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9:34 PM

    That's a beautiful photograph you are using. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and thanks to Barbara for giving me permission to use it.

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You've given me a great photo for inspiration.

      Delete
  11. That is a beautiful photo, I can't wait to see how you re-create it!
    What a lovely bowl, already being put to use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.