Some of you might remember that I made advent calendars for our grandies...two were mailed in time for the boys to enjoy last Christmas but of course our wee granddaughter wasn't quite born yet. I, however, knew she was coming and made her an advent in preparation for THIS Christmas and tucked it away. Last month I put it in with a box of goodies heading out their way and felt quite smug knowing that I was on top of things. Well. You can pretty much guess that wasn't the END of the story! Over the weekend we received a call from our mystified son wondering just how they were supposed to attach the cross stitched ornaments TO the advent. Turns out I had totally overlooked sewing the buttons onto it...so there went my feeling of smugness. Good thing she's not quite a year old yet and doesn't know what an advent even is! It will be returned to me and I will do what I should have in the first place. Serves me right for not checking it over before I sent it! And why, I ask you, didn't I put the buttons on when I was making it?? One of the great mysteries of life.
For lack of any better pictures to share with you, thought I'd show you how I packaged the snowflake soaps I showed you earlier. Pretty simple packaging - wrapped in Saran, a little bit of curling ribbon, and a sprig of holly berries 'harvested' from a cheap dollar store wreath.
- There are several interesting tote bag patterns to be found HERE.
- THIS is a really cute little Christmas tree.
- And HERE is another of my awwww discoveries.
- THESE would look really pretty on a Christmas tree and would make sweet additions instead of a 'bow' on gifts.
- Although I'm not sure where you can source the pipe cleaners for THIS, it caught my eye anyway.
- I thought THIS was an interesting article and was worth sharing.
The quote of the day..."If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside"