MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas wishes



I expect most of us have a favourite piece of Christmas music that is filled with meaning, and this one is mine.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_sCCrkUcw

Today, on the eve of the Christmas weekend, I leave you with a collection of quotes that I hope you enjoy...

"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others" (Bob Hope)

- "The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much" (Henry David Thoreau)


- "Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most" (Ruth Carter Stapleton)

- "What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas...perhaps....means a little bit more" (Dr. Seuss - How The Grinch Stole Christmas)

This is Resident Chef and I's Christmas wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days, 
smiles when sadness intrudes,
rainbows to follow the clouds,
laughter to kiss your lips.
Sunsets to warm your heart,
hugs when spirits sag,
beauty for your eyes to see,
friendships to brighten your being,
faith so that you can believe,
confidence for when you doubt,
courage to know yourself,
patience to accept the truth,
and
love to complete your life

(Ralph Waldo Emerson)







20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas both! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hope you're feeling much better by then.

      Delete
  2. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BOTH...hugs, Julierose;)))* * * * looks like rain for us here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose...merry Christmas to you as well (as we're being snowed upon)

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your Family: I have never seen the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, not sure why.
    Thank-you for the Christmas Wish
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas is really rather silly I suppose but I've loved it ever since I can remember. There are several versions but I like the old original cartoon.
      Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and Bruce as well!

      Delete
  5. Merriest Christmas to You Both!
    Y'all are appreciated.
    Beautiful and meaningful quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm bright wishes for a holiday celebration filled with love and joy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Sherry of createology: Merry Christmas MA to you and Resident Chef and your families. May you have safe travels and lots of warmth. Blessings and Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! Alas no traveling here - we're hunkered down and staying home away from the snow storm.

      Delete
  8. I forgot to leave my Merry Christmas wish for you and yours! So sorry the snowstorm changed your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful song and beautiful sentiments Mary Anne. Thank you. Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the best for 2023. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song makes me cry every single time I listen to it. To me it says it all.
      Best wishes to you for 2023 as well!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.