MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

There's been progress

 Over the past few days I've been working on the latest landscape and as you can see from the photo, I've accomplished quite a bit.  There are a couple areas I'm struggling with and I'm not quite sure how I'll finish them.  Once I finish quilting the sky area I'll start adding the foreground.  




Sorry about the photo quality - it's
a dull day here and the lighting is
terrible


- THIS is a really pretty blanket that could be made larger for an adult as well.

- As further proof that you just never know what you might discover when you visit Chez Magpie, how about THIS?

- THIS is a fun tutorial for making bag handles that are really pretty.

- Have a scroll through the amazing work of THIS artist.

Today's quote..."Whatever is coming up in your life right now is not here to stay.  It will pass, but you have to let it.  Sometimes that takes getting out of your own way and accepting that things are the way they are.  You can't change what happens to you, but you can choose what happens next"

10 comments:

  1. Your art is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aarghgh don't tempt me with miniatures!! Your current work is coming along a treat.

      Delete
    2. Ooops! Must admit I'm tempted too. Maybe one day I'll just be forced to make a doll house for our littlest grandie. Only problem would be shipping it out there.

      Delete
  2. Those embroidered landscapes are amazing--thanks for sharing her work!
    I love how your barn by the stream is coming...all those rocks just look so real...beautiful work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watch her creating her masterpieces!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, this landscape is sublime! The water cascading over the rocks is so lifelike I can almost hear it. This one has so much fabulous detail, Mary Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more being added as we speak so it will have changed again when I next post a photo.

      Delete
  4. Love your progress on the landscape Mary Anne. It's beautiful! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I think this is one of my favourites (but then again, I say that about pretty much all of them as I finish them!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.