MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, December 12, 2022

Mini rant - and mumblings

 First of all, the rant.....my computer keyboard bit the dust and I was happy to know that I had one on hand.  Unfortunately the new one is way smaller than my old one and is a complete lesson in frustration.  The 'enter' key isn't where the old one was (why????)...the Caps Lock key is in a different place too.  All I can say is that I'm glad I already did the links for this post or there wouldn't be any.  Every single time I attempt to hit the letter 'a' I get either the caps lock or the letter q.  For a person who is a typist it's totally maddening.  ARGH!!!!

Rant over - soapbox dusted

I have a project that is almost completed which I hope to show you on Wednesday, but in the meantime, enjoy some links....

- THIS intrigued me.

- HERE is a quick little sewing project that would make great gifts.

- And HERE's another one.

- THIS is a cute Christmas ornament that's easy to make.

- HERE is something that would make a nice Christmas gift.

- I'd really like to attempt making THESE - heaven knows I have enough beads!!

THESE would become a welcome gift I know.  (scroll down for the tutorial).

- If you happen to have any teacups gathering dust in your cupboard, perhaps making THIS would be fun.

- THIS is a fairly simple idea that might be fun to try.

Today's quote (one which I need to take to heart)....



14 comments:

  1. Sorry your good keyboard tanked
    Love the hot glue ornaments! With a bit of spray paint and glitter, they could be a holiday theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of the letters were worn off my old keyboard so I guess it doesn't owe me anything. Can't figure out why the manufacturer of the new one has decided to move things. I'm a touch typist so I rarely have to look at the keyboard but now I certainly have to.

      Delete
  2. I never did get used to the smaller keyboard on my netbook, after a laptop. Nowadays I work only on my phone or tablet, one finger on the onscreen keyboard. Pretty fast now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect this new keyboard is similar to what's on a laptop but I'm used to a regular computer and a full-sized keyboard. Takes me three times as long to type a simple sentence.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, my laptop is already 4 years old and I am still trying to figure things out on it. Keys are not where they should be and that darn mousepad causes me grief every time I post.

    Love those wire and bead ornaments.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had any interest in getting a laptop simply because the keyboards are stupid. I'm sure this new one I have is a laptop inspired version and it's not fun. Resident Chef has given me permission to get a proper one so hopefully I can do that tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Ugh. Isn't it frustrating have to get used to a new thing like that? Our new keyboard is smaller too, and it was a royal pain in the early weeks after getting this computer. I look down at it right now and see all the places on the keys that are worn away, so I guess we've gotten used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The keys on my old one were worn away too but it didn't bother me because it was full-size and my fingers automatically went to the right place. This one is not only smaller but also has a lighter touch than my old one so it causes a myriad of issues - and swearing!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Sherry of createology: I do not understand why there cannot be a standardized protocol for so many things…like keyboards! Lots of great links for the holidays. Yes, this quote should be memorized and practiced by ME!! Merry Days Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought keyboards were all the same but evidently someone thought it was smart to try to reinvent the wheel. Might be okay for the hunt-and-peck typist but certainly not for someone who is a touch typist.

      Delete
  6. It is rough working without finger familiarity on the keyboard. It took me several months to adjust to the keyboard on my laptop and I'm still finding things out. I've pinned some of those projects. The wire and beads particularly intrigue me. But they'll have to wait until next month at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resident Chef convinced me that getting another keyboard would be to both our benefits (he, because he wouldn't have to listen to me!)

      Delete
  7. So relatable. I've had my latest laptop for nearly two years and I STILL get annoyed by the key placement. And a few other little daily annoyances. I'll bet the company regrets sending me that request for feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the keyboard (which came with the computer) is actually a laptop-sized version which explains why everything was so crammed in. Being smaller is one thing but when they change the actual placement of some of the most-used keys it was just too much to bear.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.