MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, November 28, 2022

The efforts of the Resident Chef

 The weekend, at least on my part, involved uninspiring things like gift wrapping and writing Christmas cards and all sorts of busy work that really isn't worth photographing.  So, I thought I'd show you a couple of things Resident Chef was working on...


He is pretty happy with his new Kitchenaid as is evidenced by what's in his hand....both are sourdough buns, but the left version was kneaded using his new toy.  Much higher and fluffier than those kneaded by hand!




Heaven help the world if he didn't make his yearly allotment of butter tarts....

UPDATED TO ADD:
Recipe for his butter tarts can be found HERE.







And chocolate cookies whipped up in...you guessed it...the new toy...






- THIS is an adorable project, maybe not quite doable in the entirety for this Christmas, but think of it in terms of individual designs for mug rugs?  Thanks to Jocelyn for this one!

- THIS one made me smile!  What to make for the person who has absolutely everything!!  You'll need to scroll down to the bottom for the full effect.

- I think small jars of THIS would make fun Christmas gifts!

- If you go HERE you can see a really nice fabric storage pod design (and the link for the PDF pattern is on the right)

- THIS is a rather nice drawstring bag design (even better if you were to gift it filled with fun goodies!)

- THIS takes you to a PDF pattern for a handy organizer that any person who sews would love to receive.

Here's your quote for today..."On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%"



26 comments:

  1. Great quote!
    Those tarts look delicous, and a lot of work. The drawstring bag with handles is a nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to love his butter tarts but I have to admit that he and I eat one each a year (just to be sure they're okay). Neither one of us cares for them overly much.

      Delete
  2. Well the Resident Chef has been busy with his new toy and his efforts have been well rewarded! Everything looks delicious. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new toy is definitely getting a workout and he's a happy camper at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Yummy... If you hear a large knock on the door.....it's me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, anytime. This afternoon has been spent rearranging things in the freezer and getting things sorted ready for mailing.

      Delete
  4. Too bad you're not international shippers of those butter tarts. I have to check out how they're made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with shipping butter tarts is that they often arrive a gooey mess - a fact that bothers our family out west not at all. I will go and add the link to his recipe in the above post now....

      Delete
  5. enJOYed looking over today's websites. I'd be larger than a whale if I was near the Resident Chef's baking. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for us neither of us is all that enthralled by sweets and only indulge in a little bit of dessert on the weekends.

      Delete
  6. That is a lot of tarts!!!! I am hoping that once I get a bit more sewing and rug making done, I can start my Christmas baking.

    I am glad Resident Chef is enjoying his new toy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only about half the amount he usually makes...freezer space is sorely limited so he had to cut back.

      Delete
  7. Guess I need to get out my kitchen Aid and get better acquainted with it. The world would be a better place if there were more Resident Chefs and more butter tarts. My mouth is watering. Yep, my record for getting through those tough times is also 100 percent! :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly happy with my Resident Chef and he's happy with his Kitchenaid. Obviously he has his priorities right!!

      Delete
  8. Aha, the Kitchen Aid is one of those things that make you think "how did I do without this for so long" when you get such good results and making it easier too. Thanks for all the links today. Those ice cream cozies are going on my to do list. I've got the batting and thread in my cart already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew Resident Chef had wanted a Kitchenaid for a long time but I just thought it was 'just another mixer' - turns out I was apparently wrong.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Sherry of createology: My goodness dear you and Resident Chef stay so busy I can’t possibly keep up even with you blog posts! Love how RC is using his new KitchenAid and making such delicious goodies. Lots of great links. Interesting quote…100%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, here at Chez Magpie the residents are both busy with Christmas prep. Another week and we should be able to put our feet up and enjoy the season.

      Delete
  10. He's really quite "dangerous" with his new toy! I bet he's thrilled to be using it before the holidays. So sad you're not closer, how nice it would be to stop by for tea and treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be wonderful if you could stop in!

      Delete
  11. I wish I had your "just one to taste" superpower when it comes to sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I subscribe to the 'out of sight, out of mind' theory and for the most part it works. Everything goes into the freezer and if I try to sneak anything Resident Chef hears and viceversa. We are each other's conscience.

      Delete
  12. I love my KA mixer for making my GF breads but I think it's a crummy design. It's impossible to add ingredients without making a mess all over the mixer and counter. But I'll put up with it to get some delicious bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours came with a cover that has a small opening to allow you to add ingredients without too much mess - provided you have a fairly steady hand and manage to hit the opening!

      Delete
  13. Wow! Sorry! Its been near a month since I checked on my blog friends. Was a tough month. So good to check out your recommended sites and the Chef's progress with new toy. Yummy looking recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resident Chef has certainly been enjoying his new toy and I've gotten the benefit of eating what he's been creating.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.