MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

In progress

 You know that old adage "Never say never" ,well...



I know I said I wasn't going to be doing any more cross stitch anytime soon but as it turns out I lied.  I admit it.  This will be a bookmark for one of my friends and will be part of an advent 'calendar' I'm making for her for Christmas.  I thought it was a good idea when I thought of doing it but now that I'm trying to come up with 24 'things' to include I'm finding it might not be as easy as I'd originally thought.

- If you're like me and math-challenged, perhaps one of THESE charts will help with your knitting projects.  

- THIS looks like a fun project.

- THIS could be the inspiration for using up that button collection (or old jewelry too).

- And, further on using up buttons, how about making THESE for Christmas decor? And HERE is another version.

Today the quote is from Tupac Shakur..."You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened...or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on"


16 comments:

  1. Tupac died, shot, at 25. Such wisdom from such a young kid. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - I wasn't aware that he had met such an awful end at such a young age!

      Delete
  2. Pretty bookmark
    Memory jars. I made my first one about 16 years ago. The glues, hot and Tacky glue have lasted, no beads, buttons or metal parts falling off. They look as good as the day I made them. I highly recommend making them.
    For buttons, I still have that purse covered with buttons you linked to. Need to get out my fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always searching for ways to use up some of my excessive stash of buttons so I might make a memory jar to make use of some of them.

      Delete
  3. Gosh just love the button cone trees so much!! [I see a trip to Michaels in my future]; what a great Christmas gift for a sewer!
    thanks so much.;)))
    As for never saying "never"--well, I've been there too...a lot!! I just said to myself "No more fabric journals"--but, who knows?
    Right? hugs love your little book mark--24 little gifties are a lot to fashion for sure--good luck hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Button trees would be a fun addition to sewing room decor for sure.
      There won't be 24 handmade gifts in the advent - just one or two. The rest will be purchased little things with two or three 'bigger' things added in.

      Delete
  4. The bookmark is gorgeous.

    I love those button trees. Perhaps that would be a way to use up some of my button collection.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hopefully my friend will like it.
      Button trees should be easy to make and you could use either pins or glue to put them together.

      Delete
  5. That us a really pretty bookmark. Is a mugrug too big to add to your advent calendar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bookmark will look better once it's finished, for sure. And thank you for the idea of a mug rug! I will add that idea to my list.

      Delete
  6. Love your bookmark Mary Anne and the Japanese Boro Bag tutorial is great! Another one for the list!!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something you liked in the links!

      Delete
  7. WOW MA......This is spectacular!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not finished of course, but I will finish it when I do the finish on another one I'm making.

      Delete
  8. What a sweet and heartfelt personalized gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves to read so I thought a bookmark included in her advent gifts would be perfect.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.