MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 02, 2019

A little more CQ

I finished working on my crazy quilt project - a snippet needle roll.  I've been asked to teach a workshop at our local quilt guild and needed to come up with a prototype so people can see what they will be working on.  I did a snippet roll needle case several years ago (and you can see pictures of it HERE  HERE  HERE and HERE).  This time I will show you a picture of the outside, rolled up, as well as the inside and next time I'll show you the outside.


Pictures are clickable to embiggen




You have to imagine the final three photos joined
together.  The final roll measures about 35" long by
5" wide.  The inside features felt to hold your
needles (that's the areas that are bordered with
blanket stitch).  


Today's quote...."Every day is a new beginning.  Take a deep breath and start again"


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun little project to create in between doing landscapes.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes indeed! That is definitely black. Lovely, Mary Anne. Can't wait to see the whole outside. You do know how to tantalize. :) Re: microwave bowl holders... Good question. I only know that I've made (and used) one crocheted with 100% cotton thread. I doubt it was fire retardant, but I haven't been concerned that it might catch on fire. That said, I may watch it more closely from here on out. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good - it's showing black now. Maybe it was the lighting here when I took the photos before, who knows. I don't know if there's ever been an issue with the microwave holders catching fire, but I think it would worry me so doubt I would use them. People swear by them though.

      Delete
  3. Your crazy roll looks great! Thanks for the bowl cosy link. I think I like it better than the one I made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy roll - I like that name! Sounds more 'true' than snippet roll, doesn't it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Maryanne what beautiful work ,love your crazy patchwork you are very clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sure about the being clever part - but I do have fun with my needle and threads!

      Delete
  5. I wish I was in your neighbourhood to come to one of your workshops, you'd be a great teacher!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm - great teacher - jury is definitely out on that one! I'm a nervous wreck beforehand so wonder if teaching is worth all the angst.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! It's been awhile since I've done any crazy quilting so it felt good to play with it for awhile.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.