MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, February 03, 2014

Needle Roll and Pie??

I just finished working on my sewing needle roll and here it is, rolled up...


The entire thing, when open, measures approximately 4" x 34" so it will hold a LOT of needles!!   The other day  I posted pictures of the outside and here is the inside (as usual, you can click to embiggen)...



You just have to imagine all these sections joined together!


The design was based on one I saw in the Summer 2012 issue of 'Sew Somerset' magazine, created by Trudi Sissons.

AND....

This is what just arrived in my doorway!!


Lemon Meringue Pie!!

Today's quote, by Ralph Waldo Emerson...."Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail".  




6 comments:

  1. So if I make one of these needle rolls will a pie appear at my door? Just asking. Both look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to Connie! what I don't understand is why, when I stitch and stitch, no pie ever appears. What am I missing here? Oh wait, this is a Canadian pie. Yes, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't be that, Boud! I'm Canadian, and stitching. Where's MY pie?!

    Oh, yea, lovely needle roll! Do you really have THAT many needles? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. 34" long? ....wow ..... lots of pretty stuff hiding in that roll!!

    And just look at the height of that meringue!! Wow ....I"m another Canuck and dang it ...no pie has ever just "appeared" in my doorway! Maybe we'll all have to rent the pie maker.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The needle roll is stunning,,,,,but then I saw that PIE! YUM! My stitching never brings pies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eye candy on the needle roll is lovely. Lucky you to be rewarded with such a terrific lemon meringue pie. The height of the meringue is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.