MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 07, 2011

Crazy quilt content?

Who knew?
I know you're all getting bored reading about my ongoing paper turf-war, so I've decided to mention a couple of wonderful things that involve crazy quilting.
~~~~~~~~~~

First, there will soon be a new publication entirely devoted to crazy quilting!  This is the brain-child of Pat Winter who I know will do a phenomenal job of creating something we will love to read.  She announces it here.  I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on the first issue.  Way to go Pat!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Secondly, if you like eye candy of the crazy quilt sort (and most of us do) you have to check out this post by Susan of 'Plays With Needles'.  She shows us some fantastic photos of Shirlee Fassells award winning quilt, which you can see here.  Be prepared to be blown away!!
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

And just so you don't feel totally uninformed about my latest paper riddance - the drawers have been gone through, a pile has been made for a yard sale, an even larger pile has been recycled, and another pile is awaiting the ministrations of the shredder. 

7 comments:

MosaicMagpie said...

Susan's blog never ceases to amaze me. She is a beautiful stitcher and one of the best blog photograpers I have seen. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on her wall and watch all the amazing things she does!
Deb

Yvonne said...

Yes, I saw Pat's post. Isn't that wonderful! I will have to try my hand at another crazy quilt soon.

~*~Patty S said...

Great new look to your blog Mary Anne and so much to see and enjoy

Happy Happy New Year to you and yours
oxo

koralee said...

Such fond memories of crazy quilts...my grandma and I made many together when I was a young girl...

Weekend hugs to you. xoxo

kaite said...

good work with the paper wars, would you like to start on my garage?

karen said...

I'm not bored at all, you are chipping away at my conscience with your ''clearing out fest'' and I think i will be joining you soon...

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

MA, you are doing things the right way - one bit at a time. Keep it up. You are boring me at all. You are inspiring me to keep plugging away. I am excited about Pat's magazine too!