MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Buried?

Yes, I feel like I'm buried -
under stacks and stacks and stacks of paper!!!

I decided, in a moment of complete idiocy, that it was time to go through all my files of craft patterns, instructions, and 'stuff' and sort out same - hopefully managing to turf a great deal of my accumulation.  What a job!!  Not only am I sorting through it all, but I'm also trying to compact what I want to keep into less space and get it into some sort of system whereby I might stand a chance of actually finding something.  Tall order, I know.  

Two trips to Staples for new
MATCHING
3-ring binders
and now I have
this....
I know, it's an awful picture, but you can get the general idea of how my new organization looks.  I've even invested in new labels (far prettier than the ghastly pink ones I had previously).  If you're really curious, I think you can click on it to see the categories. 

Back to Staples tomorrow
for one more binder!!


5 comments:

  1. Hi
    I started this project myself last year. I got rid of a lot, rediscovered even more and am not done yet. I gotta give you credit if you can do it all at one time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried you may be but when you crawl out of all that you will feel wonderful at having accomplished so much! How nice it will be to say, " Yes, I know right where that is!"
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there-done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it certainly is that time of year...k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed with the binders and the organizing of all the patterns! I read somewhere that the key to paper organization was that once you touched a piece, you couldn't put it down til it was in its ultimate destination - be it the trash or a binder or recycling or whereever. That really seems tyo work but I spend a lot of time standing with a piece of paper in my hgand looking like a deer caught in the headlights!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.