MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Success!




I finally got a copy of this book, which I have wanted for at least ten years (if not longer). I have tried without success to find one of my own after finding it at our local library. I finally resorted to begging the library to please put my name on it should they ever decide to discard it and today they did! I really shouldn't be so excited over a book that was published in 1974 I suppose, but it simply has caught my fancy.


It covers all sorts of crafts, mostly from the Victorian times and the illustrations are wonderful - very little is in colour, but every page is a delight. You can see one of the pages in this post (click on it to enlarge) so you can get some idea of the eye candy inside.
Can you tell I'm happy?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.