MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Padfolio made....




I finished making this padfolio today and am fairly pleased with my first effort at doing one. I wish I had thought to put a 'holder' for a pen inside and think I will with the next one. The original pattern can be found here: www.suebleiweiss.com (thanks Sue!).
Further modifications might be to make it all without having to satin stitch the pieces together. Satin stitch and I are not on the best of terms and I have a horrible time getting it even. I generally avoid it at all costs because I don't like the frayed 'bits' hanging out the sides. Think I will try some fray check all around it to see if that cuts down on the fuzziness.
Of course I don't have the correct size pad of paper to insert in it, but you can get the general idea I think. All in all, I love the pattern and am very likely going to make a couple more (minus the satin stitch tho!).

1 comment:

  1. I made mine all one piece, stitched the "folds" and bound the edges--much easier and neater. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.